corner corner Twilight

by Stephenie Meyer | Romance
Registered by LaRue of Medford, New York USA on Friday, March 23, 2007

status (set by Weisa): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by LaRue from Medford, New York USA on Friday, March 23, 2007

A young adult novel I picked up on the recommendation of one of my knitting students.

Journal Entry 2 by LaRue from Medford, New York USA on Monday, April 23, 2007

An excellent YA novel about a high schooler who leaves her home in Arizona to be with her father in Oregon and falls in love with a vampire. Good character development, creative, and there's an action plot as well as a romance.

Journal Entry 3 by LaRue from Medford, New York USA on Sunday, June 03, 2007

Making a Vampire bookbox, this is going in it.

Journal Entry 4 by wingJennyC1230wing from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, December 04, 2007

I am picking this up from LaRue's Vampire Bookbox! Thank you!

Reserved for Weisa when I finish reading!

Journal Entry 5 by wingJennyC1230wing from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Sunday, February 10, 2008

Wow! This was a really good book! I will have to check out more by this author. This is the first in a series. I really liked it!

Book 1 in Twilight Saga series.

Book Description:

"Softly he brushed my cheek, then held my face between his marble hands. 'Be very still,' he whispered, as if I wasn't already frozen. Slowly, never moving his eyes from mine, he leaned toward me. Then abruptly, but very gently, he rested his cold cheek against the hollow at the base of my throat."
As Shakespeare knew, love burns high when thwarted by obstacles. In Twilight, an exquisite fantasy by Stephenie Meyer, readers discover a pair of lovers who are supremely star-crossed. Bella adores beautiful Edward, and he returns her love. But Edward is having a hard time controlling the blood lust she arouses in him, because--he's a vampire. At any moment, the intensity of their passion could drive him to kill her, and he agonizes over the danger. But, Bella would rather be dead than part from Edward, so she risks her life to stay near him, and the novel burns with the erotic tension of their dangerous and necessarily chaste relationship.

Meyer has achieved quite a feat by making this scenario completely human and believable. She begins with a familiar YA premise (the new kid in school), and lulls us into thinking this will be just another realistic young adult novel. Bella has come to the small town of Forks on the gloomy Olympic Peninsula to be with her father. At school, she wonders about a group of five remarkably beautiful teens, who sit together in the cafeteria but never eat. As she grows to know, and then love, Edward, she learns their secret. They are all rescued vampires, part of a family headed by saintly Carlisle, who has inspired them to renounce human prey. For Edward's sake they welcome Bella, but when a roving group of tracker vampires fixates on her, the family is drawn into a desperate pursuit to protect the fragile human in their midst. The precision and delicacy of Meyer's writing lifts this wonderful novel beyond the limitations of the horror genre to a place among the best of YA fiction. (Ages 12 and up)

Mailing to Weisa soon!

Journal Entry 6 by wingJennyC1230wing from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Mailed to Weisa in Australia today!

Happy Travels little Book!

Journal Entry 7 by Weisa from Adelaide, South Australia Australia on Thursday, February 21, 2008

Arrived in the post today! I've already started reading it, sooo good!
Thankyou so much for sending this to me JennyC.

A vampire bookbox must have been great, cool idea :)

Journal Entry 8 by Weisa from Adelaide, South Australia Australia on Sunday, March 02, 2008

Is going to become an RABCK :)