corner corner The 21/2 Pillars of Wisdom

The 21/2 Pillars of Wisdom
by Alexander McCall Smith | Literature & Fiction
Registered by stephen-1702 of Leuven, Vlaams-Brabant / Brabant Flamant Belgium on 3/22/2007

status (set by hippolein): available

Journal Entry 1 by stephen-1702 from Leuven, Vlaams-Brabant / Brabant Flamant Belgium on Thursday, March 22, 2007

i love all the other books by McCall Smith, so i was very glad to find this one second-hand

Journal Entry 2 by stephen-1702 at Leuven, Vlaams-Brabant / Brabant Flamant Belgium on Saturday, May 09, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (5/8/2009 UTC) at Leuven, Vlaams-Brabant / Brabant Flamant Belgium

sent to fellow BC-er in Finland.

Journal Entry 3 by stinaP from Oulu, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa / Norra Österbotten Finland on Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The book arrived safely in Raahe yesterday. Thanks a lot, Stephen! Will pack this in my backpack for the next weekend camp.

ETA: I liked the book a lot, there were several hilarious occasions. The last part was more boring.. or what would be better word? "Difficult to catch the story"? I took the book in the meetup in Helsinki, as I knew there would be at least one McCall Smith fan ;)

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, August 04, 2011

I love love love McCall Smith so couldn't resist this book at tonight's meetup in Helsinki :)

Journal Entry 5 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

This was an okay read, but that's all. Definitely not McCall Smith at his best. It had some wonderful comic moments, but the characters just weren't endearing enough. The 44 Scotland Street is his best work as far as I'm concerned.

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnnimanniwing at Sokoksen kahvila, PKS-miitti in Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, March 11, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (3/12/2013 UTC) at Sokoksen kahvila, PKS-miitti in Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Pick me up, please! ;)

Journal Entry 7 by winghippoleinwing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Came home for teddyke to read - surprise was she has read it already

So will go straight to the available pile, I'm afraid