corner corner Shopaholic & Baby

Shopaholic & Baby
by Sophie Kinsella | Literature & Fiction
Registered by allbookedup of Wien Bezirk 21 - Floridsdorf, Wien Austria on 3/21/2007

status (set by JennyC1230): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by allbookedup from Wien Bezirk 21 - Floridsdorf, Wien Austria on Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Becky Bloomwood is back and her life is blooming!
She's working at London's newest fashion store The Look, house-hunting with husband Luke (her secret wish is a Shoe Room)... and she's pregnant!
She couldn't be more overjoyed - especially since discovering that shopping cures morning sickness. Everything has got to be perfect for her baby: from the designer nursery to the latest, coolest pram, to the celebrity, must-have obstetrician.
But when the celebrity obstetrician turns out to be her husband Luke's glamorous, intellectual ex-girlfriend, Becky's perfect world starts to crumble.
She's shopping for two... but are there three in her marriage?

Journal Entry 2 by allbookedup from Wien Bezirk 21 - Floridsdorf, Wien Austria on Tuesday, April 10, 2007

very funny, nice and quick to read, I like Becky :-)

Unawatuna Orchid Bamboo *lol*

Journal Entry 3 by Jessi626 from Otterberg, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Friday, August 31, 2007

The book arrived today :-) Thank you, allbookedup! Now I know, what I'll be doing at the weekend ;-) I liked the previous shopaholic books very much and read them quickly, so I expect nothing else from this one...

I'll make a ray out of this book, when I'm finished.

BTW, where did you get that beautiful label?

These Bookcrossers have joined the ray (Location, Shipping):
cinda-rella (Germany, Germany)
Catbook (Germany, Germany preferred but international if needed)
Haltestelle (Germany, ?)
coco7 (Germany, Germany)
Annieselan (Germany, international)

FiBe (UK, UK/Europe preferred, international if needed)
Gealach (Sweden, international)
arugh48187 (India, international)
Franciek (Italy, international)
JennyC1230 (USA, USA preferred but international if needed)

Journal Entry 4 by Jessi626 from Otterberg, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Sunday, September 02, 2007

Finished! I liked the book, although there were some parts that were annoying for me. Those were the moments
when Becky changed her mind about Luke again (I don't want to say more).
I expected to read more about life with the baby, but probably there'll be another book for this (I hope) ;-)

Edit September, 16th: I'll send it to cinda-rella tomorrow.

Journal Entry 5 by cinda-rella from Esslingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Monday, September 24, 2007

hui, kam während meines stockholm-aufenthalts an. ist direkt das nächste was ich lese sobald ich das jetztige buch durchhabe. freu mich schon. danke für diesen ring

edith 6.11.07 also ich bekomms nicht auf die reihe. jetzt hab ich mir die deutsche version zu weihnachten gewünscht. und das buch reist weiter sobald ich die adresse habe...

Journal Entry 6 by wingcatbookwing from Datteln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Thursday, November 15, 2007

Welcome back at my place, Becky!
I´m really looking forward to read this book. Unfortunately it has to wait a few days ( because so much work - so little time! ), but I´m sure it´s going to overtake all other books on mtbr ;-)

edit 14.12.07: Meantime I read the book and I pretty much enjoyed it ;-)))
Like in all other books before, Becky managed herself into as much trouble she could´t get. But lovely person she is, she ist always leading herself back on the right way again - with a "little help from her friends"
Had a lot of fun with Becky first time reading the original!

Since Haltestelle wants to be skipped and coco7 to be left out ( she already has the german edition ) I´m now going to ask Annieselan about her adress...

Journal Entry 7 by wingcatbookwing from Datteln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Becky starts travelling to Annieselan today ...

Journal Entry 8 by Annieselan from Fulda, Hessen Germany on Friday, December 21, 2007

Becky arrived at Fulda today and I´m looking forward to read her newest adventure. But it may take a while, because yesterday and today a lot of other rings & rays arrived at my place also.

Journal Entry 9 by Annieselan from Fulda, Hessen Germany on Thursday, December 27, 2007

I really like Becky Bloomwood and it was the first time for me to read it in English. It was fun to read but it was also a bit too fantastic sometimes, meaning her perfect pregnancy and soap-a-like-birth of the baby. But that`s chicklit, so why complain? ;-)
I also expected to read more about her life with the baby, but perhaps this will be told in another book? There will be so much shopping to be done...

Thank you for letting me join this ray. I wrote FiBe and asked for her address, so I can send it to her soon.

Journal Entry 10 by Annieselan at BookRay in -- Per Post/Persönliche Weitergabe--, Hessen Germany on Monday, January 07, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (1/7/2008 UTC) at BookRay in -- Per Post/Persönliche Weitergabe--, Hessen Germany

The book is traveling to Gealach, because FiBe doesn`t want to read it anymore. I envy the book, because it`s traveling to Sweden and I would like to go there, too. ;-)

Journal Entry 11 by Gealach from Nacka, Södermanland Sweden on Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The book arrived today! I'll get started as soon as I've finished the one I'm reading now.

Journal Entry 12 by Gealach from Nacka, Södermanland Sweden on Sunday, January 27, 2008

I really liked this one. I haven't read any of the other Shopaholic books, but I think I will get hold of them.

I have PM:ed arugh48187 and will send the book as soon as possible.

Journal Entry 13 by Gealach from Nacka, Södermanland Sweden on Monday, January 28, 2008

Will be sent to arugh48187 today.

Journal Entry 14 by arugh48187 from Edina, Minnesota USA on Saturday, February 02, 2008

This one has arrived in India today. I have one other bookring in front of it, so it shouldn't take too long.

Journal Entry 15 by arugh48187 from Edina, Minnesota USA on Friday, February 08, 2008

I love Becky Bloomwood. Kinsella's book was a refreshing change from the meaty ones I have been reading of late. I pulled it ahead of the other bookring I got the same day (shhhh. don't tell) because I needed some brain candy and I got two chicklit bookrings in a row and I wanted to spread out my fluff.

I was hoping for more of Becky and Baby, but I guess I will have to wait for the next installment. This book should maybe have been entitled Shopaholic & Bump as that would have been more apropos. I can't relate to Becky's shopping frenzy, but I laughed anyway at her antics. Only she can buy five prams and get away with it.

Thanks for sharing. It will go out again as soon as I get an address.

Journal Entry 16 by arugh48187 at Post Office in Bangalore, Karnataka, India, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (2/12/2008 UTC) at Post Office in Bangalore, Karnataka, India, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases

Franciek said that she already got a copy of this one, and so I sent it off to JennyC1230 today. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 17 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I got this book today! It looks like I am the end of the Bookray. After I read it I will probably continue the Bookray. Thank you! :-)

March 13: I finished reading the book. I liked it as well as the others! I loved the t-shirt they came up with! Becky is awesome, she always pulls through. I haven't heard of a next one in the series, so who knows if it will continue? :-)

Journal Entry 18 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, March 13, 2008

This is an Open Bookray and Ray it Forward for Shopaholic and Baby by: Sophie Kinsella. It will stay open until it reaches the last person.

1. When you receive book, please make a journal entry.
2. PM the next person on the list for their address. (Always check to make sure the list hasn’t changed.) Make sure the person is able to take the book.
3. After you read the book, tell us what you thought of the book.
4. When you mail the book, make another journal entry to let us know.
5. Try to keep the book for only a month. If you are having trouble please PM me or e-mail me.: j(dot)Chaban(at)Comcast(dot)net
6. If you see anyone on this list who is a known staller of bookrings please let me know that too!
7. At the end the book will be a Ray it Forward, so if you are the last on the list, read it and then pass on to a member of Bookcrossing!
8. Most importantly have fun and enjoy the book!! Thank you!

JennyC1230

List of Participants/Shipping Preferences:

1. tabyorky/UK pref. (UK)
2. brunton11/UK or Europe pref. (UK)
3. solskinn/Intl. (Austria)
4. Nagwan/Intl. (Yemen)

Shelly-Sparkles~~asked to be skipped
boomda181~~asked to be skipped

5. pitluv4/Intl. (Canada) <---Original book was mailed here~~Lost in the mail!

*Unable to contact pitluv4 to send replacement book, so she is being skipped for now. Send me a PM if you want to be added back onto the list.*

These people moved to replacement Bookray - Shopaholic and Baby:

6. sky-lite/US only (Tennessee)
7. BoosterJ28/US only (Florida)

Last person please continue the Bookray or Ray It Forward to another bookcrosser!

ariesgirl29's lost Bookring for Shopaholic & Baby - I have asked these people to join my bookring.

April 26, 2008 - Update: ariesgirl29's lost bookring is found! :-)

southernfryed/US preferred (South Carolina) *Asked to be skipped*

Journal Entry 19 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Mailed to tabyorky today to continue this Bookray!

Happy Travels Little Book!

Journal Entry 20 by tabyorky from Doncaster, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Received in the post today - thanks jennyc1230. Will start reading it once I have finished reading the book I am reading.

Journal Entry 21 by tabyorky from Doncaster, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, April 21, 2008

Loved this book and found it hard to put down once i had started reading it.

Will be posting to brunton11 as soon as I get the address.

Journal Entry 22 by tabyorky from Doncaster, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Posted the book on Saturday.

Journal Entry 23 by wingbrunton11wing from Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Arrived today -Thanks all for sharing

Journal Entry 24 by wingbrunton11wing from Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Thursday, June 12, 2008

Firstly apolgies for having this one a bit longer than planned - I've had a few rings/rays arrive at once.

There were enough chuckles for me to enjoy this though I think I preferred the earlier ones more. Thanks JennyC for sharing.

Waiting for an address from solskinn and then I'll get this book on it's way.

Journal Entry 25 by wingbrunton11wing from Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Friday, June 20, 2008

I have an address for Solskinn and will get the book in the post to her today. Again thanks all for sharing.

Journal Entry 26 by wolkenklang on Tuesday, June 24, 2008

That was some quick snail mail - The book arrived yesterday!
Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 27 by wolkenklang on Tuesday, July 08, 2008

I finished reading this book already last week, and I must say: I loved it!

I have read another Becky Bloomwood novel before, although in German, and I didn't like it AT ALL. It must have been the translation that I didn't like that much, because in the recent novel I liked Becky, her husband, her friend and I thought the entire story was a hilarious and well told one.
Makes me crave for reading the other Becky Bloomwood novels too! (In English, of course ;)

As soon as I'll get the next reader's address I'll pass the book on. Thanks all for sharing!

Journal Entry 28 by wolkenklang at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Wien Austria on Friday, July 18, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (7/21/2008 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Wien Austria

I'll send the book out to Nagwan on Monday! Enjoy!

Journal Entry 29 by Nagwan from Sanaa, Sanaa Yemen on Sunday, August 10, 2008

book received today.

Journal Entry 30 by Nagwan from Sanaa, Sanaa Yemen on Wednesday, September 03, 2008

very hilarious!!!
Book shipped to Canada 3 days ago.sorry for the delay in journaling.

PS: I PMed Shelly-Sparkles and boomda181 and they both said they got the book, so I sent it to pitluv4.

Journal Entry 31 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Sunday, January 25, 2009

This book seems to be lost in the mail on the way to pitluv4. I haven't been able to contact her, so she is being skipped for now. Send me a PM if you wish to be added to the list again.

Turnpages has generously said we could use their book for the rest of the participants, so I will add that info here soon.

Shopaholic and Baby - Replacement Bookray