corner corner Report for Murder (A Lindsay Gordon Mystery)

Report for Murder (A Lindsay Gordon Mystery)
by Val McDermid | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by kalasue of Kalamunda, Western Australia Australia on Sunday, March 18, 2007

status (set by BallajuraLib): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by kalasue from Kalamunda, Western Australia Australia on Sunday, March 18, 2007

Freelance journalist Lindsay Gordon is strapped for cash - otherwise she would never have agreed to cove a fundraising gala at Derbyshire House Girls' School. But when the star attraction was found garrotted with her own cello string, Lindsay finds herself investigating a vicious murder.

I picked this book up somehow through bookcrossing - possibly at the Convention - but it turns out I have read it before...

Journal Entry 2 by celestewa from Perth, Western Australia Australia on Sunday, March 25, 2007

Picked this up at the Mundaring Meetup in March 2007

Journal Entry 3 by celestewa from Perth, Western Australia Australia on Friday, April 13, 2007

What an interesting book. My attention was first caught when Lindsay describes herself as "cyncal socialist lesbian feminist journalist". I thought here goes!

The book follows the formula detective novel form, and is easy reading, but the interesting twist in this book is the love interest is another woman Cordelia. My initial thought is why? Looked at the publisher "The Womens Press". There you go, a twist on the normal heterosexual distraction. I kept thinking what does this add to the novel... nothing but I guess in most cases that is true of the the mainstream detective novel.

I kept reading not because it was a good book but to see if the murderer was a man... [SPOILER} I was not disapppointed.

Would recommend it just to see the detective genre from a different angle.

Journal Entry 4 by celestewa at Zamia Cafe in the Synergy Parkland in Kings Park, Western Australia Australia on Sunday, April 22, 2007

Released 7 yrs ago (4/22/2007 UTC) at Zamia Cafe in the Synergy Parkland in Kings Park, Western Australia Australia

To be released as todays meetup in Zamia Cafe

Journal Entry 5 by wingBallajuraLibwing from Perth, Western Australia Australia on Thursday, April 26, 2007

kalasue - grooble was giving away some of her books at the Convention that she had not had time to register...this was one of them. (I can tell coz she has written 'A gift from groobs' on the first page...like she did on one book I got from her too. :)

This book is now a part of the OBCZ at work. :)

Journal Entry 6 by wingBallajuraLibwing from Perth, Western Australia Australia on Wednesday, July 16, 2008

This book is not physically still at this OBCZ. I am assuming it has been taken and not journalled. Hope it gets journalled somewhere down the road...