corner corner *Morning Comes Softly

by Debbie Macomber | Literature & Fiction
Registered by pegsue59 on Monday, March 12, 2007

status (set by pegsue59): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by pegsue59 on Monday, March 12, 2007

This book had a great story line, just was hard to get into. Part of the problem was the fact that I've read this book before - can't say it was from the same author or even the same title. But I do recall reading it, maybe it came out under a different book cover?

Three children lose their parents in a tragic car accident and the children go to live with the Uncle. Only the Uncle unmarried couldn't handle being an instant parent and having to deal with the loss of his brother and sister-in-law and run his small ranch. On top of it all, there's a wolf attacking cattle.

Mary the librarian enters the picture by asnwering Travis's ad for a wife. The two marry and decide to try and make it a marriage in every sense of the word.

This book was hard to get into. Wasn't one of those you have to read it from start to finish and can't put it down. I put this one down a dozen different times and was afraid I wouldn't get through it all, but eventually I did.

I'll be releasing this one to the Frontier book club group. Maybe someone else will enjoy it more.