corner corner When Rabbit Howls

Registered by sarradee of Arlington, Texas USA on 3/5/2007

status (set by boekenxnl): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by sarradee from Arlington, Texas USA on Monday, March 05, 2007

Book Description
Truddi Chase began therapy to discover why she suffered from blackouts. What surfaced was terrifying: she was inhabited by 'the Troops'-92 individual personalities. This groundbreaking true story is made all the more extraordinary in that it was written by the Troops themselves. What they reveal is a spellbinding descent into a personal hell-and an ultimate deliverance for the woman they became.

Fascinating study of a multiple personality written not by the therapist but by the personalities. A little bit hard to read because of the horrible abuse that the little girl faced that caused her to split.

Sending to redhot-brat who chose it from the VBB.

Journal Entry 2 by redhot-brat from Delavan, Minnesota USA on Sunday, March 11, 2007

This arrived yesterday. I haven't had a chance to journal it yet. Looks very interesting - Thanks for sending!

Journal Entry 3 by redhot-brat from Delavan, Minnesota USA on Tuesday, November 27, 2007

As I have sooooo many books on my TBR shelf, I have decided to send this off to a friend. It is on their wishlst and I think it will make a nice Christmas pick me up! Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by CrazyDutchwoman from Heemstede, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, December 16, 2007

You are so right. I can't wait to read this. It was such a lovely surprise. I thought when that heavy package arrived it was from my Secret Santa. When I learned I could open it, and it was a surprise to cheer me up, well you know how happy you made me. :)

Exited to read this and I will let you know my thoughts on the book.
Merry Christmas. Big Hug!! Marlene

Journal Entry 5 by CrazyDutchwoman from Heemstede, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Hi there. I finished it last night. To be honest it was a very hard book to read. very confusing with all the troops characters. I thought it was a bit weird that the troops were writing this story. I liked Sybil much better but there were parts of this book that were really good. What a sad story.

I am going to take this book with me to the meeting next weekend at Castricum for AnneV

Journal Entry 6 by CrazyDutchwoman at Bookcrossing Meetup, Bookcrossing Meetup -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, June 27, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (6/27/2009 UTC) at Bookcrossing Meetup, Bookcrossing Meetup -- Controlled Releases

I have asked people on The Dutch forum if they wanted to check my availables so I could bring them to the meeting in Castricum tomorrow and AnneV0 was interested in this book.
enjoy!

Journal Entry 7 by AnnevO from Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Monday, June 29, 2009

Thanks for bringing it to Castricum for me!

Journal Entry 8 by AnnevO from Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, August 08, 2009

This book was truly fascinating. It's hard to read because of the severity of the abuse and the complexity of having a story told by over 90 people, but it was surely worth it.

Journal Entry 9 by AnnevO at in de doos in Waargebeurde boeken, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, January 09, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (1/12/2010 UTC) at in de doos in Waargebeurde boeken, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

I've put this book in the true to life book box. It's confusing, interesting and shocking at the same time.

Journal Entry 10 by Plinius from Schiedam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, January 21, 2010

reist verder met de Waargebeurde boekendoos
travels on in the bookbox

Journal Entry 11 by boekenxnl from Son en Breugel (incl. Son, Breugel), Noord-Brabant Netherlands on Saturday, March 06, 2010

Dit boek blijft of gaat verder reizen in de waargebeurde verhalen doos.

Veel plezier met de doos en dit boek.