corner corner Animal Dreams

by Barbara Kingsolver | Literature & Fiction
Registered by LeighBCD on 1/27/2003

status (set by LeighBCD): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by LeighBCD on Monday, January 27, 2003

I BOUGHT THIS BOOK AT WATERSTONE'S ON TOTTENHAM COURT ROAD. Barbara Kingsolver is my new favourite author - sorry Anita Shreve, your reign is over - and I bought this after falling in love with The Prodigal Summer. I have not read this yet.

Journal Entry 2 by LeighBCD on Friday, December 17, 2004

Almost - wait for it, 2 years - after declaring that Barbara Kingsolver was my new favourite author I finally get around to reading this book. This is why I love my bookshelf - I would have had no idea I had this book that long!

Anyway, I did not enjoy this book nearly as much as The Prodigal Summer - I did not like the main character at all, she seemed very self obsessed and selfish. I kept wanting to scream at her - you are so damn lucky, quit whingeing!! That is not good, not to like the main character. I liked the fact the book was set in Arizona, I have been there a couple of times so I could imagine the landscape quite well. Overall, not as good as Anita Shreve, but not as bad as some of the books I have read this year either!!!

Journal Entry 3 by LeighBCD on Sunday, July 09, 2006

Time to release this book on to the world!

Welcome to Bookcrossing and thanks for taking the trouble to visit this site! I hope you enjoy this book. When you have finished with it, make a journal entry to let me know it found a home then send it back out into the world again for someone else to find. Sharing books is great karma - enjoy this one!

Journal Entry 4 by LeighBCD at Bus-stop, Thornton Road in Streatham, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, July 09, 2006

Released 11 yrs ago (7/9/2006 UTC) at Bus-stop, Thornton Road in Streatham, Greater London United Kingdom