corner corner Vernon God Little: A 21st Century Comedy in the Presence of Death

Vernon God Little: A 21st Century Comedy in the Presence of Death
by D. B. C. Pierre | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Loxie of Sydney, New South Wales Australia on 3/5/2007

status (set by DrCris): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Loxie from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Monday, March 05, 2007

"Fifteen-year-old Vernon Gregory Little is in trouble, and it has something to do with the recent massacre of 16 students at his high school. Soon, the quirky backwater of Martirio, barbecue capital of Texas, is flooded with wannabe CNN hacks, eager for a scapegoat."

A little bit over-rated, but a compelling story about the role of media in the current climate.

Journal Entry 2 by Loxie from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, March 06, 2007

This one's reserved for DrCris...

Journal Entry 3 by Loxie at Controlled Release in Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (3/6/2007 UTC) at Controlled Release in Sydney, New South Wales Australia

To be mailed to DrCris...

Journal Entry 4 by DrCris from Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Friday, March 09, 2007

Great! Thanks for this. I have a loose aim to read all the Booker winners, so I am really happy to have this. I have a few rings ahead of it, so it will take me a little while.

Journal Entry 5 by DrCris from Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Thursday, May 10, 2007

It is going to take me a while to read this, so I am sending it out for a trip around the block first! This is a bookring. Please journal the book when it arrives with you, and when it leaves again. I would prefer you take less than 1 month to read the book, but people who keep in touch will be forgiven!

Participants:
1. Cathyinoz
2. id-rather-be-at
3. freelunch <-- book is here

And back to DrCris

Journal Entry 6 by DrCris from Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Wednesday, May 16, 2007

On its way to Cathyinoz. Happy travels, little book!

Journal Entry 7 by cathyinoz from Fitzroy, Victoria Australia on Sunday, May 20, 2007

Arrived here safe and sound along with a little travelling companion -- thanks so much Dr Cris for both and thank you Loxie for releasing this book in the first place. Will be tucking into it as soon as I"m done the current book.

Journal Entry 8 by cathyinoz from Fitzroy, Victoria Australia on Monday, June 18, 2007

An interesting read but I have to agree with loxie that it was over-rated. The narrator's voice is unique and there is something about this book that reminds me (slightly) of the Virgin Suicides but I enjoyed that read much more. Thanks for the opportunity everyone and I'll contact i'd-rather-be-at to get this moving along.

Journal Entry 9 by cathyinoz from Fitzroy, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Posted on today.

Journal Entry 10 by id-rather-be-at from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Friday, June 22, 2007

This came in the mail today, I am going to read it over the weekend

Journal Entry 11 by id-rather-be-at from Sydney, New South Wales Australia on Sunday, June 24, 2007

I agree with cathyinoz. I'll PM the next person on the list and send it when I have the address.

Journal Entry 12 by freelunch from Cairns, Queensland Australia on Monday, July 02, 2007

received today, thanks id-rather-be-at (and DrCris for organizing this ring) :o)

usual story - I have a bunch of committed TBRs and a couple of other 'ring books waiting on my time so this could take me while to read, but I'll get to it and pass it on as soon as I can.

Journal Entry 13 by freelunch from Cairns, Queensland Australia on Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I've no doubt this is a very clever and funny book if approached from the right angle, but I've circled it a couple of times and I can't find that angle so I'm sending it home to DrCris

Journal Entry 14 by DrCris from Templestowe, Victoria Australia on Monday, August 27, 2007

Arrived home safely. Reading the comments, I wonder if anybody is actually going to manage to finish reading this one.... Onto Mount TBR.