corner corner The Weight of Water

The Weight of Water
by Anita Shreve | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingsmitjeswing of Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on Sunday, March 04, 2007

status (set by Brujula): reserved

Journal Entry 1 by wingsmitjeswing from Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on Sunday, March 04, 2007

Thank you for picking up this book. Please make a journal entry on the BookCrossing site to let me know that this book has found a good home with you. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free). If you join, please consider indicating that you were referred by smitjes. I hope you enjoy the book. You can make another journal entry with your comments when you_ve finished reading. Whenever you_re ready to send it on its way, make a journal entry if you are giving or sending this book to a known person, or release notes if you are leaving it _in the wild_ again for anyone to catch. Then watch its journey. You_ll be alerted by e-mail each time someone makes another journal entry. It_s all confidential (you_re known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), free, and spam-free.

Journal Entry 2 by wingsmitjeswing at BC-meeting 1 juli 2007 in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, June 23, 2007

Released 6 yrs ago (7/1/2007 UTC) at BC-meeting 1 juli 2007 in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands

Gaat mee naar de meeting !

Journal Entry 3 by wingwanderingwing from Den Haag, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, July 01, 2007

Meegenomen uit Castricum.

Journal Entry 4 by wingwanderingwing from Den Haag, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, August 24, 2008

I like the writing style of Shreve: she can paint a picture and characters in words very well. However, the plot of this story was a bit too obvious for me. I could allready tell half way the book what really happened with the murders, but the story line of the present day characters did have a somewhat surprising twist. All in all, a nice read!

__________________

p.90: Just prior to the murders, he had been wandering in and among the boardinghouses, wharves, docks, and taverns of Portsmouth, looking for work.

__________________

Making a ray for this book, Europe first, maybe intercontinental later. Any takers?

- rroos - Netherlands - NL/EU
- hetku77 - Finland - EU
- kihli - Greece - ?
- PepeLePew - Bosnia-Herzegovina - Int
- Brujula - France - EU/Int
- Martjxox - Italy - ?
- Mallary - France - Int
- darkpunkangel - Canada - Int

Journal Entry 5 by rroos from Utrecht, Utrecht Netherlands on Saturday, September 06, 2008

Got it in the mail. Thanx, wandering! Looking forward to reading this book.

Journal Entry 6 by rroos from Utrecht, Utrecht Netherlands on Sunday, October 19, 2008

For me this was a very good read. As said before, the writer writes very imaginative. I found the two storylines interesting and liked the fact that I sometimes had to read back a little bit to be sure which storyline this part was about. A must-read on my account.

Journal Entry 7 by rroos at per post, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, October 19, 2008

Released 5 yrs ago (10/20/2008 UTC) at per post, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

This book is going to travel further, to Finland this time. Have a good read!
Thanx for ringing this book!

Journal Entry 8 by winghetku77wing from Nokia, Pirkanmaa Finland on Sunday, November 30, 2008

28.10. The book arrived by mail today. Thank you, rroos!

29.11. This was the second book I've read by Shreve. The first one was Light on Snow. Her writing style was similar at least in these two books - a combination of past and present. Though in this book the past was a story about murders that happened 100 years ago, not the past of the main characters. I really like Shreve's writing style - it's really captivating and it's hard to put the book down. In this book the end bothered me a bit. In my opinion it left too many things open about the story happening in present - did Thomas and Adeline really have an affair and what really happened to Billie.

30.11. I will mail the book for kihli tomorrow.

Journal Entry 9 by kihli from Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki Greece on Friday, December 05, 2008

it just arrived,thank you!

Journal Entry 10 by kihli from Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki Greece on Saturday, February 21, 2009

an interesting book. so many thoughts-going back in time,coming to reality once again,and thoughts,thoughts,thoughts. A hurt female today,a tragedy in the past,I think I like Shreve's writing.

thank you! it's going to travel again some time this week.

Journal Entry 11 by kihli at Air Mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Friday, July 03, 2009

Released 4 yrs ago (7/3/2009 UTC) at Air Mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

going to - PepeLePew

Journal Entry 12 by PepeLePew from Sarajevo, Sarajevo Bosnia-Herzegovina on Thursday, July 09, 2009

Arrived safely today. Thanks for sending :) I'll start reading it as soon as I finish the book I'm reading now, which shouldn't be long, since I'm practically at the end of it.

Journal Entry 13 by PepeLePew from Sarajevo, Sarajevo Bosnia-Herzegovina on Sunday, July 19, 2009

This was my first Shreve's book and I enjoyed it very much. She has a great style of writing, easy and smooth, unburdened with unnecessary descriptions. The story is very interesting and engrossing and superbly written. Thank you for sharing :)

This will travel as soon as I get the next participant's address

Journal Entry 14 by PepeLePew at By mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Released 4 yrs ago (7/21/2009 UTC) at By mail, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Mailed to Brujula. Hope it gets there all right :)

Journal Entry 15 by Brujula from Valenciennes, Nord-Pas-de-Calais France on Saturday, August 01, 2009

Arrived safely in my mailbox! Thank you!

Journal Entry 16 by Brujula from Valenciennes, Nord-Pas-de-Calais France on Monday, November 02, 2009

I can't believe it took me so long to read this book!
I like the way the author writes, I was interested by the story both of the narrator and of Maren... But somehow I found it hard to read it, even had to take a break and read something else before going back to it.

Thank you very much for your patience, and now on to the next reader!

Journal Entry 17 by Brujula from Valenciennes, Nord-Pas-de-Calais France on Thursday, November 26, 2009

No news of Martjxox despite two PMs, so I'm trying Mallary now

Journal Entry 18 by Brujula at Valenciennes, Nord-Pas-de-Calais France on Thursday, September 02, 2010

no news from Mallary despite 3 PMs. What should I do? Try the last reader on the list?