corner corner Amazing Rain

Amazing Rain
by Sam Brown | Graphic Novels
Registered by freelunch of Cairns, Queensland Australia on 2/27/2007

status (set by futurecat): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by freelunch from Cairns, Queensland Australia on Tuesday, February 27, 2007

This graphic novella by comic artist Sam Brown, whose website (explodingdog.com) has become an online phenomenon, entwines unusual fable with unconventional comic style. Combining the deceptively simple lines of Matt Groening, the deft and elegant colors of Herg‚, the cinematographic eye of Eric Drooker, and the dark humor and nostalgic sadness of Edward Gorey, Amazing Rain is Sam Brown's most beautiful novella to date. Presenting a story within a story, a fable embedded in a narrative of urban disenchantment, Brown's latest work surpasses the drawings for which he is already known.

---------------------------------------------

released via the 2007 Aussie BookCrossers' Surprise Book Baggie #2

Journal Entry 2 by froggirlwendy from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Tuesday, May 15, 2007

This one caught my interest. Removed from the 2007 Surprise Book Baggie #2. Hugs & thanks :o)

Journal Entry 3 by froggirlwendy at Controlled release in Boondall, Queensland Australia on Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (6/24/2008 UTC) at Controlled release in Boondall, Queensland Australia

Into MooMoo's surprise Book Baggie :o)

Journal Entry 4 by OIN-713485 on Friday, July 11, 2008

Received safe and sound in the Revised and Revived Surprise Book Baggie. I will give this one a go and see what it's all about. Many thanks to froggirlwendy for adding and sharing AND to freelunch who sent this little baby on its way. Never fear - it will be on another journey in the not-too-distant future. That you can be sure of. :)

Journal Entry 5 by OIN-713485 on Saturday, July 26, 2008

Unusual. A bit scary too when you think about the themes and how relevant they are to us. Not exactly sure what to do with this one. Perhaps another wild release one weekend? Or maybe a book baggie contender? Not sure, but it will definitely continue its Bookcrossing journey one way or another.

Thanks to freelunch for originally sharing and for froggirlwendy for adding to the recent baggie.

Journal Entry 6 by OIN-713485 on Saturday, October 18, 2008

Reserved for shemchin who won my I gots Antlers rabck.

Journal Entry 7 by OIN-713485 at -- Controlled Release, New South Wales Australia on Monday, October 20, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (10/20/2008 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, New South Wales Australia

Sending to shemchin as part of my I Gots Antlers international rabck.

Journal Entry 8 by wingShemchinwing from Plano, Texas USA on Saturday, January 03, 2009

Sorry I didn't journal this when I got it. I thought I had. Thank you,MooMoo1977! Now that the Christmas rush is over I will read it and pass it on. Thank you for the bookmarker. I love that it comes from Istanbul. My daughter-in-law is from Turkey, in fact she is there now visiting her family.

Journal Entry 9 by wingShemchinwing at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, February 06, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (2/5/2009 UTC) at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

RABCK 2009 to be released at convention

Journal Entry 10 by Chch2009-Con from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Thursday, March 05, 2009

Finally took the car to the PO Box so that I could pick the wonderful box of books etc that I knew was there. This book was in that box and thank you so much for it.

Journal Entry 11 by k-j-h from Geelong, Victoria Australia on Friday, April 17, 2009

Picked up and read during the Christchurch convention.
Placed back on the table of temptation when I was finished.

Journal Entry 12 by alkaline-kiwi from Auckland, Auckland Province New Zealand on Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Looks different and a quick read so on to TBR it goes.

Journal Entry 13 by alkaline-kiwi from Auckland, Auckland Province New Zealand on Saturday, May 16, 2009

I see quite a few BookCrossing names I know that have read this one before me.

A short yet striking read.. I am with MooMoo when she says that a lot of the themes are very relevant. I think I will wild release this one with another comic collection when I am next at the specific release location (a nice cafe downtown).. for now I will pass it on to earok for him to read.

Journal Entry 14 by alkaline-kiwi at for his TBR shelf, given to my boyfriend -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (5/20/2009 UTC) at for his TBR shelf, given to my boyfriend -- Controlled Releases

Said he was keen on reading this one.

Journal Entry 15 by earok from Auckland, Auckland Province New Zealand on Sunday, May 31, 2009

Looks very strange, like what David Lynch would do if he was a comic artist instead of a film maker. Will read it when I have a chance.

Journal Entry 16 by alkaline-kiwi at Auckland, Auckland Province New Zealand on Monday, November 21, 2011

I'm not sure if earok ended up reading this one, he handed it back to me a while ago.

Rather than let the book stay in a box I took it down to Wellington to find a home..

Journal Entry 17 by alkaline-kiwi at by hand, to a friend and fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Monday, November 21, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (11/18/2011 UTC) at by hand, to a friend and fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

futurecat said she was interested in reading this one.

Journal Entry 18 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Ok, I feel really stupid, because I didn't entirely get it. Very atmospheric and all that, but I couldn't work out what it was about.

^ ^
=+=

Journal Entry 19 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (2/15/2012 UTC) at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Given to another bookcrosser at tonight's meetup.

^ ^