corner corner Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas

Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas
by James Patterson | Literature & Fiction
Registered by BethanieKay of Fort Worth, Texas USA on Sunday, February 25, 2007

status (set by Joanazinha): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by BethanieKay from Fort Worth, Texas USA on Sunday, February 25, 2007

From BookBrowse.com:

James Patterson has written a love story!--a powerfully moving and suspenseful novel about families, loss, new love, and hope.

Katie Wilkinson has found her perfect man at last. He's a writer, a house painter, an original thinker--everything she's imagined she wanted in a partner. But one day, without explanation, he disappears from her life, leaving behind only a diary for her to read.

This diary is a love letter written by a new mother named Suzanne for her baby son, Nicholas. In it she pours out her heart about how she and the boy's father met, about her hopes for marriage and family, and about the unparalleled joy that having a baby has brought into her life. As Katie reads this touching document, it becomes clear that the lover who has just left her is the husband and father in this young family. She reads on, filled with terror and hope, as she struggles to understand what has happened--and whether her new love has a prayer of surviving.

Written with James Patterson's perfect pitch for emotion and suspense, Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas captures beautifully the joys of a new family as it builds to an overwhelmingly moving climax. This is an unforgettable love story, at once heartbreaking and full of hope.

Journal Entry 2 by BethanieKay from Fort Worth, Texas USA on Thursday, March 08, 2007

Reserved for a trade with nawoo82

Journal Entry 3 by BethanieKay at Controlled Release in Postal Release, Mailed to another bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Friday, March 09, 2007

Released 7 yrs ago (3/9/2007 UTC) at Controlled Release in Postal Release, Mailed to another bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Shipped to nawoo82 via USPS Air Mail .... Enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by nawoo82 from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Friday, March 16, 2007

Book received.
Thanks a lot for this trade BethanieKay!!!

I'm reading a ring book at the moment, but will get on this one asap.

Journal Entry 5 by nawoo82 from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Sunday, April 01, 2007

This is a very sad book. It's not the kind of book I would usually pick so I'm glad to have done this trade with BethanieKay because I really liked this book.
The story Suzanne tells in her diary for her son is heart-warming, magic, and sometimes sad and heart-breaking. It's very well written, James Patterson did well at conveying emotions without being too focused on just making the reader cry (I hate authors who do that!).

I've read the book in one day, I couldn't put it down!

Journal Entry 6 by nawoo82 from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Sent to Joanazinha as part of my International RABCK Raffle

Journal Entry 7 by wingJoanazinhawing from Amersfoort, Utrecht Netherlands on Friday, October 26, 2007

Received the book today. Thank you very much nawoo82 for sending this book to me.