corner corner Good Omens

Good Omens
by Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by brewski of Markham, Ontario Canada on 2/14/2007

status (set by BC2009012001): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, February 14, 2007

TBR

Journal Entry 2 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Friday, June 29, 2007

I just finished reading this on the train ride into work this morning. It was an interesting read and an inventive take on Armageddon. I felt the style of writing reflected more of Pratchett's style versus Gaiman's...which was unfortunate for me because I actually prefer Gaiman's writing over Pratchett's. However, overall this was an interesting read which had it's share of chuckles.

This book is reserved for rapturina. I will be sending this off shortly to the Netherlands.

Journal Entry 3 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Saturday, July 28, 2007

All packaged up, ready to drop in the mailbox for rapturina in the Netherlands on Monday.

Journal Entry 4 by rapturina from Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Friday, August 31, 2007

It's here! Thank you so much for sending it across the ocean, brewski. This books looks like something I will definitely enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by rapturina from Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, January 27, 2008

Finally got around to reading this book! I must say I rather enjoyed it, it was very funny. I think the combination of Gaiman and Pratchett is a very good one: you get Pratchett's hilarious style of writing, with Gaiman's talent for setting up a good story and making impossible things believable in some way. So even though on the surface it might look like only Pratchett writing, I think the main story line definitely reveals Gaiman's participation in this book. Which I really liked, as whereas Pratchett is very funny, his books also have a tendency to get distracted from the main storyline with all the hilarity going on. So basically "Good Omens" is kind of the best of both writers! :D So thanks again, brewski, for sending me this book!

I'll be passing on this book to anani-kalea next week, as a sort of RABCK!

Journal Entry 6 by BC2009012001 on Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I love Terry Pratchett and can't wait to read this book of his.

Journal Entry 7 by BC2009012001 on Sunday, March 02, 2008

Goodness but this book is funny! I'm sure my neighbours wondered why I on earth I was laughing out loud in the middle of the night. (On the other hand, they're probably used to that sort of thing by now...)

I love to share my books but am not quite ready to share this one yet so it's going to stay on my PC shelf for a little while.