corner corner Psychlone

Psychlone
by Greg Bear | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by k-j-h of Geelong, Victoria Australia on 2/12/2007

status (set by UbSiA): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by k-j-h from Geelong, Victoria Australia on Monday, February 12, 2007

An energy field crossing the USA causes horrible events.

Journal Entry 2 by bronwyna from Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Picked up at the meetup on 13th Feburary, with the intention to take to the OBCZ at Kaleidoscope Cafe in Brunswick for wild release.

Journal Entry 3 by bronwyna at Kaleidoscope Cafe OBCZ in Brunswick, Victoria Australia on Friday, February 16, 2007

Released 11 yrs ago (2/16/2007 UTC) at Kaleidoscope Cafe OBCZ in Brunswick, Victoria Australia

On the bookshelf at the OBCZ

Journal Entry 4 by silvermoonwyrm from Corio, Victoria Australia on Saturday, April 28, 2007

Picked up at Kaleidoscope.

Journal Entry 5 by silvermoonwyrm from Corio, Victoria Australia on Friday, June 22, 2007

Horror isn't really my thing, and this was definately not what I expected from one of the masters of Sci-fi. Not a bad book, and it's old, so I guess it's not really that out of his style, but it didn't get me all excited.

Journal Entry 6 by UbSiA from Norderstedt, Schleswig-Holstein Germany on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

One of the 'left-overs' of tonights meet-up at the 'Royal Melbourne Hotel', 629 Bourke St., Melbourne. Was going to release it into the wild during the next couple of weeks, but after having a closer look, might actually read it myself first. ;-)

The back blurb:
"A man-made abomination is loosed upon the world...
A man freezes solid. And when he topples, his living body shatters like a glass.
The ground is suddenly scorched and pitted as if some angry god has blitzkrieged the landscape.
The inhabitants of a New Mexico town are destroyed in seconds by an obscene, elemental force.
And this is only the beginning."

16/09/2007: Finished this book today and must say that it was quite a good read. Much better than I expected on the first look... In the beginning I thought it to be a little bit weird and confusing, but after the first couple of chapters it became all clear.

Probably going to release it into the wild quite soon.

Gelesen im Rahmen der 1 Jahr = 1 Land Challenge für die USA.

Journal Entry 7 by UbSiA at Victoria University, Footscray Park Campus in Footscray, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (9/18/2007 UTC) at Victoria University, Footscray Park Campus in Footscray, Victoria Australia

not sure yet where exactly, but thinking about the public phone in the library building