corner corner My Favourite Goodbye

My Favourite Goodbye
by Sheila O'Flanagan | Women's Fiction
Registered by wingstarrdustwing of Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Saturday, January 27, 2007

status (set by Christine1964): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingstarrdustwing from Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Saturday, January 27, 2007

This is the cover of the book that I have.

From the back cover: "Ash O'Halloran knows she should be having the time of her life. She's twenty-nine, single and self-supporting. So shouldn't she be out there every night, swilling Chardonnay and falling in love? Or if she isn't, at least having a great time moaning about it with her friends? Doesn't she know how to be a single woman? Trouble is, Ash likes things as they are. She doesn't do impulsive and relationships scare her to death. At the first hint of commitment, it's goodbye. No way is she going to let herself get hurt. But as Ash watches Dan Morland - - who employed her to cook the ultimate dinner the night he proposed to his girlfirend - - trying to sort out a life with the woman he loves, she begins to wonder if being Miss Self-Contained-and-Secure might also mean Missing Out..."

Journal Entry 2 by wingstarrdustwing from Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I didn't actually intend to read this one ~ purchased it for the 2007 Valentine Challenge Release but then started reading it and knew I'd have to finish. Missed the 2007 Valentine Challenge as I hadn't finished it by Feb. 14th, so guess I'll have to save it for next year's Challenge!

It was a fun, light read and each new chapter starts with a recipe since the main character, Ash O'Halloran, is a chef in business for herself, spending her days catering lunches & dinners. A bit of a 'coming of age' time for Ash and a reconcilliation with her past and who she is as a person in her heart as she turns 30.

Journal Entry 3 by wingstarrdustwing at Commuter Parking lot at Hwy 400 & Hwy 89 in Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Monday, February 11, 2008

Released 6 yrs ago (2/11/2008 UTC) at Commuter Parking lot at Hwy 400 & Hwy 89 in Cookstown, Ontario Canada

Left on top of the pay phone in the telephone booth at the entrance to the commuter car pool area.
Released for the 2008 Valentine's Release Challenge

To the finder of this book:
Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope that you will write a journal entry letting me know that the book has been found, and that you'll stick around a bit and get to know Bookcrossing. Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend or even set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find like you did. And if you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using me, starrdust, as your referring member.

Happy reading!

Journal Entry 4 by Christine1964 from Lefroy, Ontario Canada on Thursday, March 06, 2008

I really enjoyed the book, and I really like the recipes at the beginning of each chapter. It has been a fun read and a book that I had a hard time putting down. This is the 1st book that I have read of Sheila O'Flanagan's, and I will read more of here work.

CAUGHT IN COOKSTOWN ONTARIO CANDA