corner corner Stray (Older Childrens Fiction)

Stray (Older Childrens Fiction)
by A.N. Wilson | Children's Books
Registered by house-elfdobby of Derby, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Saturday, January 27, 2007

status (set by Abi-Gibby): available

Journal Entry 1 by house-elfdobby from Derby, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Saturday, January 27, 2007

Lovely book - will release in the wild for kindly stranger to pick up and take home.

Journal Entry 2 by Amber-moon on Saturday, May 19, 2007

Picked up at the Notts bookcrossers meet up today.I love cats so this should be right up my street!

Journal Entry 3 by Amber-moon on Friday, February 15, 2008

What a fabulous tale,i loved it.I look at my cats differantly since reading this!Highly recommended to any cat lover!

Journal Entry 4 by veganbob from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Saturday, October 18, 2008

Picked this up today at the BC meet at Costa Coffee in Nottingham.
Couldn't resist it, especially as my mum's looking after two stray tabby cats at the moment!

Journal Entry 5 by veganbob at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Saturday, December 17, 2011

Released 2 yrs ago (12/19/2011 UTC) at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom

To be given to scoobydooo on Monday 19th December.
Wishing you a very happy Christmas, I hope that you enjoy reading this!

Journal Entry 6 by scoobydooo at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

This looks good, thank you.

Journal Entry 7 by scoobydooo at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Monday, December 30, 2013

This is a really nice story. A bit sad in places but happy as well. My nana wants to read it so I am passing it on to her.

Journal Entry 8 by dolph1n at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Sunday, March 09, 2014

An excellent story, cleverly told. I loved reading all about Pufftail's adventures, some sad, some happy.
I think I will save this to pass on to a cat loving friend.

Journal Entry 9 by dolph1n at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Monday, March 10, 2014

Released 7 mos ago (3/11/2014 UTC) at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom

On its way to a friend

Journal Entry 10 by jalna at Wrexham, Wales United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

What a lovely surprise! Thank you! I'm sure I'm going to love this. I've heard of A N Wilson but not read any of his books before and didn't know he had written anything for younger readers. (Of which I am one, of course!)

Journal Entry 11 by jalna at Wrexham, Wales United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

I have mixed feelings about this one. It's quite an endearing story by someone who obviously not only had a great affection for cats but knew them well. All cat owners will recognize many of the thoughts and actions of Pufftail and all cat lovers will feel deeply ashamed of how some humans treat animals and will be saddened by some parts of Pufftail's story.

On the negative side, I found the style of writing really irritating. Phrases such as "that well they sit on for getting rid of their business" and "small paper chimneys" are quite amusing at first but get decidedly wearing after a while. And why is a cat portrayed as not knowing the words "lavatory" or "cigarettes" or even "hair" ("scraps of fur at the tope of their heads" for heaven's sake!) but is quite familiar with "wardrobe", "water butt" and "budgie"?

Journal Entry 12 by jalna at Wrexham, Wales United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Released 5 mos ago (5/6/2014 UTC) at Wrexham, Wales United Kingdom

Loath to risk this to the vagaries of Wild Release when it has happily visited several BookCrossers already, so I am sending it on as a Surprise RABCK to someone who has been wishing for it.

Journal Entry 13 by wingAbi-Gibbywing at Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on Friday, May 09, 2014

Wasn't expecting this book in the post as am waiting for a ray to show. Thanks for sending