corner corner Stray (Older Childrens Fiction)

Stray (Older Childrens Fiction)
by A.N. Wilson | Children's Books
Registered by house-elfdobby of Derby, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Saturday, January 27, 2007

status (set by bookczuk): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by house-elfdobby from Derby, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Saturday, January 27, 2007

Lovely book - will release in the wild for kindly stranger to pick up and take home.

Journal Entry 2 by Amber-moon on Saturday, May 19, 2007

Picked up at the Notts bookcrossers meet up today.I love cats so this should be right up my street!

Journal Entry 3 by Amber-moon on Friday, February 15, 2008

What a fabulous tale,i loved it.I look at my cats differantly since reading this!Highly recommended to any cat lover!

Journal Entry 4 by veganbob from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Saturday, October 18, 2008

Picked this up today at the BC meet at Costa Coffee in Nottingham.
Couldn't resist it, especially as my mum's looking after two stray tabby cats at the moment!

Journal Entry 5 by veganbob at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Saturday, December 17, 2011

Released 2 yrs ago (12/19/2011 UTC) at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom

To be given to scoobydooo on Monday 19th December.
Wishing you a very happy Christmas, I hope that you enjoy reading this!

Journal Entry 6 by scoobydooo at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

This looks good, thank you.

Journal Entry 7 by scoobydooo at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Monday, December 30, 2013

This is a really nice story. A bit sad in places but happy as well. My nana wants to read it so I am passing it on to her.

Journal Entry 8 by dolph1n at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Sunday, March 09, 2014

An excellent story, cleverly told. I loved reading all about Pufftail's adventures, some sad, some happy.
I think I will save this to pass on to a cat loving friend.

Journal Entry 9 by dolph1n at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Monday, March 10, 2014

Released 8 mos ago (3/11/2014 UTC) at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom

On its way to a friend

Journal Entry 10 by jalna at Wrexham, Wales United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

What a lovely surprise! Thank you! I'm sure I'm going to love this. I've heard of A N Wilson but not read any of his books before and didn't know he had written anything for younger readers. (Of which I am one, of course!)

Journal Entry 11 by jalna at Wrexham, Wales United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 16, 2014

I have mixed feelings about this one. It's quite an endearing story by someone who obviously not only had a great affection for cats but knew them well. All cat owners will recognize many of the thoughts and actions of Pufftail and all cat lovers will feel deeply ashamed of how some humans treat animals and will be saddened by some parts of Pufftail's story.

On the negative side, I found the style of writing really irritating. Phrases such as "that well they sit on for getting rid of their business" and "small paper chimneys" are quite amusing at first but get decidedly wearing after a while. And why is a cat portrayed as not knowing the words "lavatory" or "cigarettes" or even "hair" ("scraps of fur at the tope of their heads" for heaven's sake!) but is quite familiar with "wardrobe", "water butt" and "budgie"?

Journal Entry 12 by jalna at Wrexham, Wales United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Released 6 mos ago (5/6/2014 UTC) at Wrexham, Wales United Kingdom

Loath to risk this to the vagaries of Wild Release when it has happily visited several BookCrossers already, so I am sending it on as a Surprise RABCK to someone who has been wishing for it.

Journal Entry 13 by wingAbi-Gibbywing at Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on Friday, May 09, 2014

Wasn't expecting this book in the post as am waiting for a ray to show. Thanks for sending

Journal Entry 14 by wingAbi-Gibbywing at Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on Saturday, November 01, 2014

Fantastic story I loved it, now time for this book to move on

Journal Entry 15 by wingAbi-Gibbywing at Torpoint, Cornwall United Kingdom on Saturday, November 01, 2014

Released 3 wks ago (11/3/2014 UTC) at Torpoint, Cornwall United Kingdom

For your UBCZ

Congratulations, you have picked up a travelling book!
Happy reading!

Not sure what to do? Follow these steps!

2) Make a journal entry on this book to let us know how you found it!

Journal Entry 16 by wingbookczukwing at Charleston, South Carolina USA on Friday, November 14, 2014

This book has found its way across from the UK to the UK and landed here in Charleston SC to help fill the shelves of our new UBCZ here at the Bristol. Thank you Abi-Gibby for sending it along! Hope it finds new readers soon.

Journal Entry 17 by wingbookczukwing at The Bristol (book exchange shelves) in Charleston, South Carolina USA on Friday, November 14, 2014

Released 1 wk ago (11/14/2014 UTC) at The Bristol (book exchange shelves) in Charleston, South Carolina USA

To the finder of this book:

Welcome to BookCrossing, a unique community of book lovers, sharing their libraries with the world. This book is now yours to read, enjoy, keep or pass on to another reader. The BookCrossing ID, which you entered in the "Enter a BCID" box on the website, is unique to this copy of this book. If you make a journal entry (either anonymously, or as a BookCrossing member) all previous readers of this actual book will be notified by email, and can follow the book as it travels. BookCrossing is free to join, completely confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address) and a heck of a lot of fun. Be on the lookout for other books left in the "Wild"!

PS And if you find yourself liking BookCrossing, there may be local BookCrossers who meet regularly in your area. Come join us!