corner corner In The Miso Soup

In The Miso Soup
by Ryu Murakami | Literature & Fiction
Registered by sudokugirl of Sarajevo, Sarajevo Bosnia-Herzegovina on 1/27/2007

status (set by azuki): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by sudokugirl from Sarajevo, Sarajevo Bosnia-Herzegovina on Saturday, January 27, 2007

"From postmodern Renaissance man Ryu Murakami, master of the psycho-thriller and director of Tokyo Decadence, comes this shocking, hair-raising, roller-coaster ride through the nefarious neon-lit world of Tokyo's sex industry."

Memorable and disturbing.

Journal Entry 2 by sudokugirl at virtual bookbox in Postal Release, Mailed to another bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (4/18/2007 UTC) at virtual bookbox in Postal Release, Mailed to another bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Sent to azuki.

Journal Entry 3 by wingazukiwing from Miami, Florida USA on Sunday, April 29, 2007

Thanks sudokugirl! Seems like I am always picking your books from Rootmartin's vbb. I guess we have similar taste in books. This sure looks interesting.

Journal Entry 4 by wingazukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Saturday, October 16, 2010

Kenji works as a sex tour guide in Tokyo for foreign visitors. One day he meets a new client, Frank, from America, and thus begins a nightmare. Kenji can feel that Frank is lying about himself, but exactly who he is and what he wants?

I get a feeling that Japanese do write some of the most disturbing and perversive books I've read. Nonetheless, it's a well written novel that is more than just gore. And I am glad I didn't read this in the middle of the Read-a-thon... certainly not a book for the dark of the night.

Journal Entry 5 by wingazukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Thursday, August 25, 2011

This book will be used for the BC monopoly game. What better title for the restaurant release?

Bally will get a make over for the release.

Journal Entry 6 by wingazukiwing at Ozzi Sushi in Miami, Florida USA on Thursday, August 25, 2011

Released 5 yrs ago (8/25/2011 UTC) at Ozzi Sushi in Miami, Florida USA

Release on the sushi boat!! Read the detail here:

Hi! Congratulations on finding a very special BookCrossing book.

Bookcrossing is a wonderful online community of book lovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. We are also curious to see how far and wide our books can travel. I would appreciate if you can make a journal entry on this book so we know where the book has been. You don't have to set up an account.

Feel free to keep this book, return it to where you found it, or pass it on to the next reader. If you sign up as a member, you will hear from the book as it travels and gets journaled. Visit also the BookCrossing community to meet other booklovers. Membership is confidential, free, and spam-free. Happy reading!