corner corner My Alien Penfriend

by Faiz Kermani | Children's Books
Registered by Faizy on 1/22/2007

status (set by Plinius): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Faizy on Monday, January 22, 2007

Another copy of this book on its intergalactic travels. If you have an overactive imagination and are still a kid at heart then this one's for you!

Journal Entry 2 by nomorecorsa from Gouda, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, February 01, 2007

Teaser
Interview with the autor
ISBN:9781420858600
90 pages
130 gram
printed in the UK by Lightning Source UK Ltd.
---------------

Aaltsje
Yinny now reading
you?
------------------
Thank you again for sending these two books to me and for donating books to the Read to Grow foundation and the kids in Gambia!!
I received this book to start a Dutch bookring. I also got my own signed copy! Happy me!
This book will start as a Dutch bookring now, good traveling and enjoy!

In Dutch:
Ik kreeg dit ringboek en een eigen gesigneerd exemplaar van de schrijver nadat wij in contact kwamen over stichting Read to Grow and (stichting kinderen in Gambia) de boekjes voor Gambia actie. De schrijver heeft een aantal exemplaren naar Gambia en naar stichting Read to Grow gestuurd en vond het erg leuk om ook een boekje aan te bieden als bookring.
Ik hoop dat de lezers er veel plezier aan beleven!

Journal Entry 3 by nomorecorsa at By mail in By mail, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Released 11 yrs ago (2/5/2007 UTC) at By mail in By mail, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

First in the ring..... mefeather....
Let me know you received it and enjoy the book!

(when it comes back I will forward it to Xamantha!)

Journal Entry 4 by mefeather from Den Haag, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Thank you for letting me sneakily read this funny book!!! I will try to read it as fast as I can and send it back. *bounces* So excited after reading the first few pages. Can't wait for the rest. *bounces some more*

Journal Entry 5 by mefeather from Den Haag, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, February 11, 2007

What a marvellous, marvellous intergalactic trip this has been. Wow. I am so pleased that you offered this copy for a ring. It was great. I really enjoyed it. A gem of a book. *smiles* I do hope that Faiz will write more. I absolutely love the way he tells this story. Terrific. I will send it back to you tomorrow, at work. :D

Journal Entry 6 by nomorecorsa from Gouda, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Monday, February 12, 2007

I read the book, it was so lovely. I honestly can't wait to read more, more, more!!!!! Thank again for donating this book for a ring (and my own copy!!!!) It was a blast!
----------
I received it back by internal mail at work.
Barbje was ill so I didn't give it to her right away.
I will give it to Barbje asap, next in the ring.
After Barbje it will travel by post to Xamantha.
---------
16-02-2007
I gave it to Barbje today, so her journal should appear soon :-)

Journal Entry 7 by wingBarbjewing from Gouda, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, February 18, 2007

Here it is! (my entry ;-) I'm very curious about the story, having read and heard the praise of Mefeather and Nomorecorsa...

Journal Entry 8 by wingBarbjewing from Gouda, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Monday, February 26, 2007

I fell in love with Darius AND Zmod! Allthough the story ends rather abruptly imho, I really liked the characters and the worlds you've come up with. Great drawings too. I'm glad I read this book, hope you'll write more!

I'll give the book back to nomorecorsa tomorrow morning.

Journal Entry 9 by nomorecorsa from Gouda, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, February 28, 2007

book is back and will travel further by post, starting tomorrow...Xamatha, here it comes!

Journal Entry 10 by Xamantha from Ochten, Gelderland Netherlands on Saturday, March 03, 2007

Het boekje kwam een paar dagen geleden al met de post, maar door computerstoring kon ik het niet eerder melden. Boekje ziet er lief uit!

Oops sorry, that was in Dutch!
Translation: the book came in by mail a few days ago. It looks cute!

Journal Entry 11 by Xamantha from Ochten, Gelderland Netherlands on Sunday, March 04, 2007

What a joy this little book gives!
I loved the story and the worlds Faiz has created. So full of imagination, the little trip was great. Thanx!
Great illustrations by the way!

The book will be mailed to iez tomorrow!

Journal Entry 12 by wingiezwing from Zutphen, Gelderland Netherlands on Thursday, March 08, 2007

lag zomaar in de bus..
moet wel ff wachten, (eerste pagina al gelezen en vond het meteen leuk!)
oei zou ik dit boek even apart kunnen laten liggen?

Journal Entry 13 by wingiezwing from Zutphen, Gelderland Netherlands on Tuesday, March 13, 2007

I loved the book..
I've advised my hubby to read it because he's an English teacher.. if he finds time before I send it on to the next person he will read it!

Journal Entry 14 by wingiezwing from Zutphen, Gelderland Netherlands on Tuesday, March 13, 2007

I loved the book..

Journal Entry 15 by chris147 from Waddinxveen, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, March 22, 2007

This book just arrived in my mailbox today. A great way to spend the weekend reading a nice book.

Journal Entry 16 by chris147 at on Friday, March 30, 2007

Released 11 yrs ago (3/30/2007 UTC) at

I went to the postoffice this afternoon to mail this book to the next person on the list.

Journal Entry 17 by EmEli from Voorschoten, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, March 31, 2007

I received the book today, I will probably read it next week.
Thank you!

Journal Entry 18 by EmEli from Voorschoten, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, April 01, 2007

And I already read it today. :-) Very nice story, I think it will make a good read for children that are learning to read English. I am going to keep this one in mind as a potential gift.

Thank you for ringing it! I am now officially ring-free for the first time in 2007!

I am going to contact oehoeboeroe.

Edit 4-4: I put the book in the mailbox last night.

Journal Entry 19 by wingoehoeboeroewing from Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, April 05, 2007

lag vandaag in de brievenbus. Al snel even doorgebladerd. Ziet er spannend uit! Ik ben er benieuwd naar. Dank voor het ringen nomorecorsa en voor het sturen Emeli. Ojee, mijn journal entry is in het nederlands! De volgende zal ik in het engels maken.

Journal Entry 20 by wingoehoeboeroewing from Amsterdam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, April 10, 2007

nice book, but not really my cup of tea. I liked the friendship between the boys and ofcourse the story about nessy. I'll wait some time to see if someone will read the book still, otherwise I'll send it back to nomorecorsa.

Journal Entry 21 by wingoehoeboeroewing at Controlled Release in Controlled Release, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, April 19, 2007

Released 11 yrs ago (4/19/2007 UTC) at Controlled Release in Controlled Release, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases

vandaag op de bus naar Cahira

Journal Entry 22 by Cahira from Bergen op Zoom, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on Friday, April 20, 2007

The book was delivered today.
Thank you oehoeboeroe for sending it to me.

Journal Entry 23 by Cahira from Bergen op Zoom, Noord-Brabant Netherlands on Thursday, May 03, 2007

What a wonderfull little book. I love books like this. They allow my imagination to go wild. It actually felt that Zmod and his glod could be real.
I hope Faiz is going to write more books like this. Can't wait to read them.

Journal Entry 24 by Cahira at Bookring in by mail, by mail -- Controlled Releases on Friday, May 04, 2007

Released 11 yrs ago (5/4/2007 UTC) at Bookring in by mail, by mail -- Controlled Releases

Vandaag op de post gedaan naar Marloes1980.

Journal Entry 25 by Marloes1980 from Den Haag, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, May 05, 2007

It arrived today! Thanks for sending Cahira!

Journal Entry 26 by Marloes1980 from Den Haag, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Monday, May 28, 2007

It was a nice book but I didn't enjoy it as much as the other people seem to have. I guess I don't have an overactive imagination and am not a child at heart. I do think that children would really enjoy this book. Sending it to Aaltsje within this week.

Journal Entry 27 by wingAaltsjewing from Terschelling West, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Thursday, May 31, 2007

recieved it today

Journal Entry 28 by wingAaltsjewing from Terschelling West, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Wednesday, June 06, 2007

It is a nice little book but I've read better ones.
It was a nice exercice for me though, starting reading English books again.

Journal Entry 29 by Yinny from Capelle aan den IJssel, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, July 26, 2007

Oeps, vergeten te melden dat het boekje inmiddels bij mij is!

Journal Entry 30 by Yinny from Capelle aan den IJssel, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, August 14, 2007

And finished! Nice story, quite imaginative.

And now? Back to nomorecorsa and to Gambia?

Journal Entry 31 by SylS from - Ergens in de provincie, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, February 20, 2010

voor Plinius

Journal Entry 32 by Plinius from Schiedam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Thursday, February 25, 2010

a well travelled book! Thanks very much SylS!

Journal Entry 33 by Plinius at Buurthuis Alexanderpolder in Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, February 28, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (3/2/2010 UTC) at Buurthuis Alexanderpolder in Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands

for the class of English in buurthuis Alexander