corner corner Dave Barry In Cyberspace

Dave Barry In Cyberspace
by Dave Barry | Computers & Internet
Registered by melydia of Centreville, Virginia USA on 1/21/2007

status (set by losthiker): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by melydia from Centreville, Virginia USA on Sunday, January 21, 2007

Got this from a friend who was thinning his book collection. It's a little dated (it came out in 1996) but if you like Dave Barry you'll probably like this book.

From amazon.com:
Trust Dave Barry, middle-class America's chronicler of the absurdities and inanities of daily life, to provide the authoritative funnyman's guide to life with computers. Barry is sometimes insightful, as when he notes the ridiculous number of keystrokes needed to actually write something, often hilarious, as in his sendup of technological support hotlines, and occasionally genuinely indignant. This book is the perfect gift for anyone who, like many of us, can't live with computers and can't live without them.

Registered in Springfield, Virginia, USA.

Journal Entry 2 by melydia at Hidden Pond in Springfield, Virginia USA on Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (3/7/2007 UTC) at Hidden Pond in Springfield, Virginia USA

Left on top of the bulletin board by the playground.

Journal Entry 3 by nat4lee from Springfield, Virginia USA on Monday, March 19, 2007

A good read, but he has had better works.

Journal Entry 4 by nat4lee at Duke Homestead Historic Site in Durham, North Carolina USA on Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (4/25/2007 UTC) at Duke Homestead Historic Site in Durham, North Carolina USA

Left on bench outside main building.

Journal Entry 5 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Friday, August 31, 2007

This is a great read. Just like me and computers!! I will recommend this to anyone of my generation who just don't understand these new machines.

Do check out the websites that Dave Barry puts in the book, it is worth your time!

CAUGHT IN DURHAM NORTH CAROLINA UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Journal Entry 6 by losthiker at Museum of the Albemarle in Elizabeth City, North Carolina USA on Thursday, January 24, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (1/24/2008 UTC) at Museum of the Albemarle in Elizabeth City, North Carolina USA

This book was left outside the Museum of the Albemarle down near where I work. This book is a good read, and I think someone else will like it too. It's a classic for the situation of my generation.