corner corner Animal Farm

Animal Farm
by George Orwell | Literature & Fiction
Registered by jenptcfan of Mechanicsville, Virginia USA on 4/7/2007

status (set by AnonymousFinder): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by jenptcfan from Mechanicsville, Virginia USA on Saturday, April 07, 2007

Picked up at the friends of the library sale.

I had to read this in high school, and at the time I enjoyed it.

Journal Entry 2 by jenptcfan from Mechanicsville, Virginia USA on Sunday, September 23, 2007

I read this as part of a Dystopian reading challenge.

It's been over 10 years ago since I last read this. As I was reading it this time, I couldn't help but wonder why the heck we spent weeks on this when I read it in high school. It was a much faster read than I remembered it being.

The thing I like about Orwell is his ability to write an entertaining story that would be entertaining even if you didn't know the social statement he was trying to make.

Since this fits the theme, I will likely release it for the "You're Such an Animal" challenge.

Journal Entry 3 by jenptcfan at Cracker Barrel in Conway, Arkansas USA on Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Released 9 yrs ago (9/26/2007 UTC) at Cracker Barrel in Conway, Arkansas USA

Left on a bench outside of Cracker Barrel.

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Sunday, October 28, 2007

I FOUND THIS BOOK LAYING ON A NEWSPAPER VENDING MACHINE AT THE CRACKER BARRELL RESTAURANT IN CONWAY, ARKANSAS. AFTER READING IT, I PLAN TO RELEASE IT, PROBABLY IN THE SAME AT ANOTHER CRACKER BARRELL RESTAURANT.

CAUGHT IN CONWAY ARKANSAS USA

Journal Entry 5 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I AM ALMOST THROUGH WITH READING IT AND FOUND IT A PRETTY GOOD OF HOW COMMUNISM IS ESED INTO A SOCIETY, AND I SEE IT COMING IN AMERICA TODAY WITH ALL THE FREE LUNCHES THAT ARE COMING FROM THE GOVERNMENT.

HALBROOK