corner corner One Mississippi

One Mississippi
by Mark Childress | Literature & Fiction
Registered by yourotherleft of Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania USA on 1/20/2007

status (set by AnonymousFinder): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by yourotherleft from Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, January 20, 2007

From the Bloomsburg library book sale.

Journal Entry 2 by yourotherleft from Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, June 04, 2007

My mom *loved* this. I didn't quite enjoy it as much as she did, but I was definitely glad I held on for the end. I should have anticipated what happened at least in part, but it totally caught me by surprise....and totally made the book. I love how Childress has completely mastered high schoolers dialogue. He really brings the random banter and goofy jokes to life.

My only struggle was that there was so much focus on the dialogue that in the end I felt it took away from the depth of the plot. It seems like Childress was trying to highlight some important issues that ended up feeling glossed over and it seemed as if the ridiculous events that take place throughout were only loosely connected.

Mailed this off to AM10000 for the Chapter 12 exchange on BookObsessed. Hope you enjoy it! =D

Journal Entry 3 by AM10000 from Sunnyvale, California USA on Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Thank you so much for sending this to me! It looks great.. I loved his other book Crazy in Alabama, so I'm really looking forward to this one. :)

Journal Entry 4 by AM10000 at Sunnyvale, California USA on Saturday, February 26, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (2/25/2011 UTC) at Sunnyvale, California USA

Sent as part of a VBB at bookobsessed.com

Journal Entry 5 by dancing-dog at Cordova, Tennessee USA on Thursday, March 03, 2011

Arrived at my house today - thank you!

Journal Entry 6 by dancing-dog at Cordova, Tennessee USA on Saturday, April 30, 2011

Wow, I thought this was really good! I thought it captured high school life in the 70s (I'm the class of 75 myself) perfectly. Although I live in the South now, I went to high school on the west coast so we didn't have the racial stuff. He ambitiously covered a lot of issues in this book but I think it worked. Loved Daniel's dysfunctional family (and Uncle Jacko).

Mailing this off to the fabulous MissCyn :)

Journal Entry 7 by dancing-dog at Cordova, Tennessee USA on Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Released 6 yrs ago (5/3/2011 UTC) at Cordova, Tennessee USA

mailed today to MissCyn - hope you enjoy it!

Journal Entry 8 by wingMyssCynwing at San Antonio, Texas USA on Saturday, May 07, 2011

Class of 75 here too! Thanks so much for sending this to me. I really look forward to reading it. It was nice to find a suprise in my mailbox.

Journal Entry 9 by wingMyssCynwing at San Antonio, Texas USA on Monday, August 01, 2011

This was not at all the story I expected. I anticipated some of the twists and totally missed what the ending would be. Quirky but good story.

Journal Entry 10 by wingMyssCynwing at Walnut Creek, California USA on Monday, January 23, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (1/22/2012 UTC) at Walnut Creek, California USA

Going to Valpete to start the US/Canada Wish List Thread.

If you find a book I've wild released please make a journal entry. You don't have to join the site to do it but it will let me know that someone found it. Then please pass it on when you are finished.
If I've RABCKed a book to you please feel free to RABCK it forward or wild release it.

RABCK=Random Act of BookCrossing Kindness See you SHOULD join if you haven't already. Someone may send you a book you put on a wishlist!

Journal Entry 11 by wingvalpetewing at Walnut Creek, California USA on Sunday, January 29, 2012

Wow, MyssCyn, what a nice surprise. I look forward to reading it!

Journal Entry 12 by wingvalpetewing at Walnut Creek, California USA on Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Released 1 yr ago (11/10/2015 UTC) at Walnut Creek, California USA

Sending this along to a Book Mooch pal. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 13 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Lynn Haven, Florida USA on Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Just received today from my BookMooch pal across the U.S. This will be my second Childress. Southern fiction is.so rich.