corner corner The Good Wife Strikes Back

The Good Wife Strikes Back
by Elizabeth Buchan | Literature & Fiction
Registered by StinaRy of Long Beach, California USA on 1/3/2007

status (set by Bug2004): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by StinaRy from Long Beach, California USA on Wednesday, January 03, 2007

From the back cover:
After nineteen years of being the perfect wife to an ambitious politician, Fanny Savage is restless. Tired of merely keeping quiet and looking good at public engagements, Fanny remembers the career she abandoned and the life she left behind as a successful partner in her father's Italian wine business. She has devoted two decades to being the Good Wife, Was it worth it, after all? Could it be time for a trip back to Italy -- to the pleasures of sun, wine, and food? Could it be time for . . . a change?

My two cents:
A decent read and a great topic (midlife crises from the woman's perspective) -- but not one of my favorites. Part of the problem, I think, is that I just couldn't stand one of the characters (the sister-in-law) and what our heroine let her get away with. Plus, I didn't really care for the ending. It's difficult to discuss without giving it away, but let's just say I expected more change and more strength from the heroine. All in all, however, I enjoyed it and will probably try other books by Elizabeth Buchan.

Journal Entry 2 by StinaRy from Long Beach, California USA on Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Sent yesterday via media mail as a RABCK to Bug2004. Enjoy!!

Journal Entry 3 by Bug2004 from Omaha, Nebraska USA on Thursday, June 28, 2007

Thank You So Much!!!! I really look forward to this!!! Thanks...I will send it off after I am done!!!!!