corner corner Arkansas Traveler (Benni Harper Mystery)

Arkansas Traveler (Benni Harper Mystery)
by Earlene Fowler | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by ink-heart of Wolfenbüttel, Niedersachsen Germany on 1/3/2007

status (set by Leviata): available

Journal Entry 1 by ink-heart from Wolfenbüttel, Niedersachsen Germany on Wednesday, January 03, 2007

One more Benni Harper mystery - and definitely one of the better ones. Since I purchased one too many due to my book chaos at home, this edition is free to travel wherever it's wanted. :o)

The blurb says:

"Soon after arriving in Sugartree, Arkansas - where she spent many lazy, languid childhood summers - Benni discovers that there's something seriously sinister brewing in this usually-peaceful small town. Two churches are planning on merging, but the thought of a racially mixed congregation is just a little too much for some people to handle. And Benni's downright worried about her friend Amen - as the first black woman to run for mayor, she's taking a lot of heat from a gang of ruthless white supremacists. One of whom just happens to be her powerful opponent's seriously troubled son. Who just happens to get himself killed. Who had more enemies than Benni ever imagined ..."

Journal Entry 2 by ink-heart from Wolfenbüttel, Niedersachsen Germany on Friday, January 05, 2007

Der Krimi geht als Ray auf die Reise und ist außerdem mein erster Beitrag zu sillesoerens Reise-Challenge 2007.

Und hier geht's lang (weitere Anmeldungen sind willkommen):

eochaine
Catbook

Du?

Journal Entry 3 by eochaine from Bremen, Bremen Germany on Tuesday, January 09, 2007

in today's post - many thanks for this bookray. It has to rest only a little while on top (well, almost) of Mt.TBR.

update:
wow, that's really one of the nicer Benni Harper mysteries - tension from the first to the last page (but not much details in quilting, instead a wide course through southern cooking ;-))

Journal Entry 4 by wingcatbookwing from Datteln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, February 11, 2007

The book arrived properly at my place at the weekend. I´m really looking forward to read a Benni Harper novel in original, but it will definitely take me some time ...

Journal Entry 5 by wingcatbookwing from Datteln, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, May 13, 2007

Well, actually it took me some time to read through, since the book was nr. 5 or so on my MTBR.
The first "Benni Harper Original" was a great pleasure to read and I´m really looking forward to the next one.

What´s going on now? Are there some more interested readers? Should I offer the book in the german forum again?

Journal Entry 6 by ma-reike on Friday, November 20, 2009

Dear Catbook
Thaaaaaaaaaaaank you so much :)
I took the book out of my mailbox yesterday and I started reading in the second I had it in my hands. Thank you for the chocolate as well. THIS was really was a nice package :))))))))))
Hugs
ma-reike

Journal Entry 7 by ma-reike on Thursday, November 26, 2009

I really liked that book! Have to watch out for another one now :)

Anybody interested in reading this one?

Journal Entry 8 by ma-reike at -- Per Post/Persönliche Weitergabe--, Hessen Germany on Monday, February 01, 2010

Released 8 yrs ago (1/31/2010 UTC) at -- Per Post/Persönliche Weitergabe--, Hessen Germany

kommt zusammen mit ein paar anderen Schätzchen in Reginas Kiste :)

Journal Entry 9 by Leviata at Nidderau, Hessen Germany on Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Komme momentan nicht zum lesen.