corner corner Irish Fairy Tales

Irish Fairy Tales
by Joseph Jacobs | Literature & Fiction
Registered by pepita-di-Corfu of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki Greece on 12/17/2006

status (set by Thinair): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by pepita-di-Corfu from Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki Greece on Sunday, December 17, 2006

Taken from the back cover:
"The captivating Irish stories collected in this new edition include both comic tales such as 'Paddy O'Kelly and the Wheasel', and tales of heroes from ancient literature such as 'How Cormac Mac Art went to Faery'. By turns funny, fantastical and mysterious, the stories are matched in liveliness by the original illustrations of John D. Batten. It would be hard to find a better introduction for children to the special magic of Celtic storytelling.
The stories in this book are taken from Joseph Jacob's classic two-volume collection Celtic Fairy Tales (1891-2) and More Celtic Fairy Tales (1894)."

Journal Entry 2 by pepita-di-Corfu from Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki Greece on Sunday, December 17, 2006

this book was given to me by my wonderful friend Luz-de-Luna as a Christmas present in our December's meet up here in Thessaloniki. It was such a lovely surprise for me and i will keep for the book's safety. Thank you Luz, you've once again proven me that you value our friendship no matter what! I hope you have a great Christmas this year and many more to come!
(((((Luz-de-Luna)))))

Journal Entry 3 by pepita-di-Corfu at international BCing in by post, to another bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (3/19/2008 UTC) at international BCing in by post, to another bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

i'm sending this book to far far away Rwanda to bookcrosser Thinair. Since i've never sent a book to Rwanda before this one will help me with my lifelong challenge to send at least one book to every country of the world.
I decided to also add this book in charbono's Around the World Challenge 2008, similar to mine only on this one contribute bookcrossers from all over the world sending books worldwide too.
I hope you'll enjoy reading Thinair!

Journal Entry 4 by Thinair from Gloucester, Gloucestershire United Kingdom on Sunday, June 08, 2008

Mwiriwe, Amakuru yawe?

Love fairy tales, have a collection at home and it's hard to let this one go again, but I will :)

Thanks loads! Good luck with your goal of sending a book to every country in the world!