corner corner Sorting Out Billy

Sorting Out Billy
by Jo Brand | Women's Fiction
Registered by Tregossip of St. Austell, Cornwall United Kingdom on 12/12/2006

status (set by AnonymousFinder): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by Tregossip from St. Austell, Cornwall United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Sarah is besotted with the unpredictable Billy. But after another "accident" involving his temper, her face and a night in A&E Sarah's friends Martha and Flower decide that it's time to take action
Martha and Flower have issues of their own. Martha is 7 months pregnant by 1 of 3 possible blokes: and hippy Flower's career as a stand up comic is more sit-down and weep after some nasty encounters with south London's finest hecklers
Will Martha survive single motherhood on a council estate in need of a peace-keeping force? Will Flower find the perfect put-down? And will they sort out Billy before he gets to them first - - ?

Int'l Ray starts 19/1/07

Usual guidelines
Please journal on receipt
Please PM next member for forwarding address
Please don't keep for more than a month
Please enjoy and let us all know what you thought of it

Running order
beekeeper40 - UK - post UK posted 30/1/7
Cassiopaedia - UK - post EU Arrived 31/1/7
gigrowertwo - UK - post anywhere Done
top-tappser - USA - post USA/Can Arrived 11/4/07

Be good to see this book continuing it's travels

Journal Entry 2 by Tregossip at -- Controlled release in St. Austell, Cornwall United Kingdom on Saturday, January 13, 2007

Released 11 yrs ago (1/15/2007 UTC) at -- Controlled release in St. Austell, Cornwall United Kingdom

To beekeeper40 infirst stage in this ray - enjoy

Journal Entry 3 by beekeeper40 from Hoveton, Norfolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Arrived safely today - thank you. Will read next.

Journal Entry 4 by beekeeper40 from Hoveton, Norfolk United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 24, 2007

This was an easy and quick read which I enjoyed almost as much as 'It's different for Girls'. I think there was quite a lot of Ms Brand's earlier experiences of being a stand up comic in the book.

Pming next reader for their address.

Journal Entry 5 by beekeeper40 at to a fellow bookcrosser in Bookring, a postal release -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Released 11 yrs ago (1/30/2007 UTC) at to a fellow bookcrosser in Bookring, a postal release -- Controlled Releases

Mailed to Cassiopaeia.

Journal Entry 6 by wingCassiopaeiawing from Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Arrived safely in today's post, thanks beekeeper40. No other rings at the moment so shouldn't be too long before I read it.

Journal Entry 7 by wingCassiopaeiawing from Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on Saturday, February 03, 2007

I have never had the pleasure of seeing Jo Brand perform her full stand up routine (I feel sure she must be much more able than poor Flower) I know her mainly from shorter takes on TV and the occasional interview. I like her cutting wit, and in particular, her very personal and acerbic delivery style. I think the conflict between the delivery methods, a book versus a live act, is what can bedevil such preformers/writers. Certainly there are some funny moments in this book, but the words don’t come alive as they would if delivered in Ms. Brand’s own ferocious style. For me it was just ok but I wanted more from it both in content and delivery.
Thanks Tergossip for sharing. Awaiting mailing details for gigrowertwo.

Saturday 10th February
Posted 1st class to gigrowertwo.

Journal Entry 8 by gigrowertwo from Saltash, Cornwall United Kingdom on Saturday, March 03, 2007

Bless this book. It arrived and I put it by the computer to write a journal entry. i went to work and an avid book crosser vistied the Saltash OBCZ box. Finding nothing to her taste she visited my house ( with home baked cakes for my son to take back to university ) and raided the pre book box store by my computer and took anything she fancied.( including this one ) Are there no codes of behaviour to be observed in book crossing. Bribing a poor staving student with home bakes just to get at the pre box books! It is now safely with me and my last book was finished this morning in the bath so the ring or ray is safe again. Have a good week end. It will go to U.S by hand with woodrabbit

Journal Entry 9 by top-tappser from Lake Tapps, Washington USA on Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Rec'd today. I am looking forward to reading this. I do have one other ring in front of it, and since I seem to be last on the list, I will give other bookrings preference. If this changes, let me know.

Journal Entry 10 by top-tappser from Lake Tapps, Washington USA on Monday, June 25, 2007

I am not sure I would have put this book in the humor category. I really didn't care for the first half. It was dark and not at all funny. I also had trouble getting used to English slang. I put it down and read something else. When I picked it back up I found the second half much more entertaining. Thank You for sharing.

Journal Entry 11 by top-tappser from Lake Tapps, Washington USA on Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Given to a non-bookcrosser friend at work. But, she promised she would pass it on when finished.

Journal Entry 12 by AnnieMacFan from Tacoma, Washington USA on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Recieved from a friend at work. I'll be starting it this afternoon. This was OK, but not my usual read. It's pretty depressing reading about domestic abuse, loose morals and some of the decisions people make when they are not thinking too straight.

Journal Entry 13 by AnnieMacFan at IKEA in Kent, Washington USA on Saturday, March 21, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (3/20/2009 UTC) at IKEA in Kent, Washington USA

Left in shopping cart in parking garage.

Journal Entry 14 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Tuesday, June 30, 2009

It was pretty real and slightly graphic. I was surprised when I sat on this book at ikea, but excited at the idea of a random book circulation program. I plan on leaving it somewhere for someone else to enjoy.

CAUGHT IN RENTON WASHINGTON USA