corner corner One Hundred Years of Solitude (Essential.penguin S.)

One Hundred Years of Solitude (Essential.penguin S.)
by Gabriel Garcia Marques | Literature & Fiction
Registered by millycat of Northampton, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on 12/8/2006

status (set by Ghanescha): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by millycat from Northampton, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Friday, December 08, 2006

'tragi-comic, acerbis, supernatural and mysterious.. superb and intensely readable according to Time Out, ... sounds good enough to give it a try!

Journal Entry 2 by millycat from Northampton, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Strange, dream-like narrative that takes place in a mythical country, a modern classic but a confusing number of characters that share names and characteristics.

Journal Entry 3 by millycat at Dolphin Cafe in Towcester, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Saturday, December 05, 2009

Released 7 yrs ago (12/4/2009 UTC) at Dolphin Cafe in Towcester, Northamptonshire United Kingdom

Restocking the shelves

Journal Entry 4 by wingPaws4Bookswing at Deal, Kent United Kingdom on Monday, April 17, 2017

I'm sorry! I had no idea I had picked this up without journaling!!

It's taken me ages to read this but I've finally finished! I found some parts very entertaining especially some of the characters but I struggled with it too. I actually feel like patting myself on my back that I kept reading it as despite it being all rather surreal at times I did get something from it. It didn't blow me away and I'm not 100% sure how it got onto the 1001 books to read before you die list but looking at the varied ratings it has received from my friends and following discussions it turns out they really do love it. I got a tad confused about the names etc but apparently the family tree really helps with this in the front of the book! I think it's a bit of a marmite book - you either hate it or love it...I just didn't click with me but actually I didn't hate it!!

Journal Entry 5 by wingPaws4Bookswing at Bookcrossing Convention Oslo 2017 in St. Hanshaugen bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Monday, April 17, 2017

Released 3 days ago (4/21/2017 11:00 AM UTC) at Bookcrossing Convention Oslo 2017 in St. Hanshaugen bydel, Oslo fylke Norway

I'm taking this book along to the Oslo convention for the book buffet.

If this is your introduction to Bookcrossing, welcome!

Please make as many, or few, comments about the book as you wish. The book is now yours to do with as you choose. Keep it, pass it on, but please leave the label, so we can keep in touch with what's happened to it in the future.

If you would like to know what happens to the book if you decide to pass it on, then consider joining BookCrossing. It's free, private and it's great fun!

Journal Entry 6 by wingGhaneschawing at St. Hanshaugen bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Friday, April 21, 2017

from the book buffet

Journal Entry 7 by wingGhaneschawing at Comfort Hotel Børsparken in Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway on Friday, April 21, 2017

Released 2 days ago (4/21/2017 8:00 PM UTC) at Comfort Hotel Børsparken in Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway

“Ein Buch ist nicht nur ein Freund, es schafft Dir neue Freunde. Wenn Du ein Buch in Gedanken und im Geist besessen hast, bist Du bereichert.

Aber wenn Du das Buch weitergegeben hast, bist Du dreifach bereichert.”
Henry Miller