corner corner The Fabulous Mum's Handbook

The Fabulous Mum's Handbook
by Grace Saunders | Parenting & Families
Registered by AliceF of Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on 4/11/2007

status (set by katie1980): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by AliceF from Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Amazon.co.uk Synopsis

From new wardrobe essentials, quick beauty fixes and easy-to-do exercises to relationship advice to sleep, sex (or lack of both!) and work-life balance, The Fabulous Mum's Handbook helps you survive any and all challenges of your new life as a mum. Fashion and lifestyle journalist Grace Saunders shares her own experience as a mum-of-two and has asked countless other mums for theirs, but she also brings in a line-up of professional gurus: Tanya Byron on getting sleep, Jane Clarke on eating right, Gayle Rinkoff on looking your best, and many others. Brimming with practical advice, useful tips and tricks of the trade, The Fabulous Mum's Handbook is a must-have for motherhood.

Journal Entry 2 by AliceF at 2010 Swindon Unconvention, Jury's Inn Hotel in Swindon, Wiltshire United Kingdom on Thursday, September 23, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (10/2/2010 UTC) at 2010 Swindon Unconvention, Jury's Inn Hotel in Swindon, Wiltshire United Kingdom

At the Magic UnConvention.

Journal Entry 3 by katie1980 at Swindon, Wiltshire United Kingdom on Sunday, October 03, 2010

Picked off the table at the UnConvention. I only picked up 11, but I reckon they will take me long enough to read!!

Journal Entry 4 by katie1980 at Basingstoke, Hampshire United Kingdom on Sunday, February 13, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (2/13/2011 UTC) at Basingstoke, Hampshire United Kingdom

Given to herbertlooby in a *massive* clearout/ decluttering session! The book will be released somewhere sometime :o)

Journal Entry 5 by katie1980 at -- Controlled release in Basingstoke, Hampshire United Kingdom on Sunday, February 13, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (2/13/2011 UTC) at -- Controlled release in Basingstoke, Hampshire United Kingdom

Given to HerbertLooby to release

Journal Entry 6 by HerbertLooby at Cardiff, Wales United Kingdom on Sunday, February 13, 2011

I might keep this one for a while- no-one said I couldn't reclutter my own house!

Journal Entry 7 by HerbertLooby at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (5/15/2012 UTC) at -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Off to someone else who needs it!

Journal Entry 8 by katie1980 at Basingstoke, Hampshire United Kingdom on Monday, May 28, 2012

Back with me after a stay with HerbertLooby. Thanks honey! I will try to read it in short bursts when I get a chance. I hope it is worth the effort...

Journal Entry 9 by katie1980 at Basingstoke, Hampshire United Kingdom on Monday, August 11, 2014

Wow, this woman is fashion-obsessed! I know it says she wrote for Elle (amongst others) but she thinks that shoes and clothes are the Holy Grail! Soooo not me!
However, there were some useful and interesting tid-bits in here, including a few quick and easy sounding recipes which I might try out when I get a chance. But the advise in here is definitely taken with a bucket of salt! A lot of it is very London-oriented, and also very "wanna-be yummy mummy" fluff. In my real-world, it is just not appropriate or appealing. But then I never was a Vogue and Elle kind of gal!
I'm sure others will enjoy this. I might pass it to a new-mum friend of mine, but I will warn her it's not necessarily to be taken too seriously! I hope she enjoys it... now I just have to see her again to pass it on. As I only saw her a few days ago, it might take some arranging!

Journal Entry 10 by katie1980 at Bookcrossing Convention 2015 in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Friday, April 10, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (4/11/2015 UTC) at Bookcrossing Convention 2015 in Oxford, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

Taking this to the Convention tomorrow and planning to leave it on the book table. We are not attending Convention as our twins are not quite old enough yet, but we will be joining our friends for dinner :)