corner corner My Life Is a Wedgie

My Life Is a Wedgie
by Gretel Killeen | Humor
Registered by wingcatsalivewing of Rooty Hill, New South Wales Australia on Monday, February 05, 2007

status (set by Seadbed): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingcatsalivewing from Rooty Hill, New South Wales Australia on Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The sequel to My Life is a Toilet. Adolescent icon, Fleur Trotter, continues her hilarious story of life, love, public humiliation, near death experiences, world domination, unrecognised brilliance, knights in shining armour and an expanding bottom.

Journal Entry 2 by wingcatsalivewing at Aussie Post in Every Book VBB, Virtual Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, March 15, 2007

Released 7 yrs ago (3/15/2007 UTC) at Aussie Post in Every Book VBB, Virtual Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Sent to Catwoman from the Everybook VBB, Round 2-03.

Journal Entry 3 by Catwoman from Sherwood Park, Alberta Canada on Monday, March 26, 2007

Received in the mail today - thanks!

Journal Entry 4 by Catwoman from Sherwood Park, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Read and enjoyed by my daughter. It is ready to move on.

Journal Entry 5 by Catwoman at fellow bookcrossing member in by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Friday, July 20, 2007

Released 7 yrs ago (7/20/2007 UTC) at fellow bookcrossing member in by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Mailed to camis today.

Journal Entry 6 by Catwoman at fellow bookcrossing member in by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Friday, July 20, 2007

Mailed to camis today.

Journal Entry 7 by camis from Tharston, Norfolk United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Received safely today - thank you

Journal Entry 8 by caitieb from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I saw this on my mums bookshelf and liked the look of it. So I started reading it. At first I thought it was wierd and couldn't really get into it very well but as I got further through I thought it was fantastic and really funny. The main girl Fleur is writing her diary and some on the tuff she says is really funny. Fleurs life is mad and strange and she is really embaressed by it and when her nan wins them a holiday abroad the journey goes slightly wrong!!!!! My mum is now reading it and I'm waiting to see what she thinks.

Journal Entry 9 by camis from Tharston, Norfolk United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I started this but really couldn't get into it, much to my daughter's annoyance! Will find another reader as soon as I can

Journal Entry 10 by camis at Virtual bookbox, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, August 21, 2008

Released 6 yrs ago (8/21/2008 UTC) at Virtual bookbox, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases

Sending to Nikel27 from the BObs European VBB.

Journal Entry 11 by nikel27 from Ginsheim-Gustavsburg, Hessen Germany on Friday, September 19, 2008

arrived safe at my house, looking forward to read this book

update:
Good read,thanks for sharing with me.

Journal Entry 12 by nikel27 at RABCK, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Released 4 yrs ago (11/4/2009 UTC) at RABCK, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Sent out for my Adventcalendar 2009, via my 7th year of bookcrossing membership.

Thanks for taking part and open the book at your day.
EnJoy reading or if you don't like the style of the book, please pass the book along to someone else.

Journal Entry 13 by chamonix44 from Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Saturday, December 05, 2009

Thank you nikel27.
This book was to be opened on December 6th for your book advent calendar and it is now December 6th! After reading the other journal entries on this book, I think I might like it. I am now going to put the Dec. 6th entry in your advent calendar thank you thread in the rabck forum.

Review found at:
seekbooks.com.au

Book Description:
The long awaited sequel to My Life is a Toilet is here at last!!! Once again, the book stars Fleur Trotter and the entire cacophony of her family (but this time joining them as they travel round the world). Continuing the tale of adolescent icon, Fleur Trotter, My Life is a Wedgie takes Fleur's depths to new heights with more of her hit recipe of love, fashion, fire, famine and fortune-telling and absolutely discernible bust development. 'Fleur just gets better and better.' Fleur's publisher and therapist. 'This book will change your life (if you've got one that is).' Fleur Trotter. 'Read it and laugh.' Nobody yet (but we are willing to pay someone to say it). For those of you who don't know, Fleur is fifteen years old and particularly embarrassed by her family, her utter middle classness and the fact that she shares her name with a 'feminine hygiene product' (even if it is the leading brand in Australia). My Life is a Toilet, the first novel, written in diary form, was the Bridget Jones of adolscence. In case some people are unfamiliar with the term 'wedgie', a very popular and frequently used term by younger people, Gretel has kindly supplied us with a definition: Wedgie: noun - the result of having had one's undies pulled up one's bum by someone who has grasped the underpant elastic from behind then hoiked the undergarment in an upward movement. (This action is usually made in fun by one playful child to another. However occasionally Sumo wrestlers appear to do it to each other with malicious intent). THE AUTHOR Gretel Killeen is well known as a radio and television personality and as a stand-up comedian. Her hilarious articles in various leading Australian newspapers and magazines enjoy an enthusiastic following. She has published an impressive list of best-selling books, including the runaway success My Life is a Toilet, and the popular My Sister's series. Her innovative picture books include Cherry Pie and What'll we get for Grandma? Gretel lives in Sydney.

Journal Entry 14 by chamonix44 from Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Thursday, January 28, 2010

I'm going to start reading this book tomorrow. I don't know how quick I will finish it because I'm also reading 2 other books.

Journal Entry 15 by chamonix44 from Almelo, Overijssel Netherlands on Friday, January 29, 2010

I started reading this book last night at 22.30 hours, and after 1 hour of reading it I decided that although I'm reading 2 other books, I would just stick with this one and read it to the end. Why? Because it is such a load of nonsense, and it intrigued me! However, it's an easy reader, and I managed to get through it quickly. I was using a sort of countdown in my head every time I turned a page,"only 150 pages left to read, only 148 left" etc.BUT....and this is a big BUT, I actually started to enjoy this nonsensical story in the form of a diary**(see dictionary definition below because it is absolutely spot-on for this book)! So although I read on because I was curious about how it ended, I will NOT be looking out for the other books written by this author or I might just start to believe in all this nonsense! I am an easy to influence type of person...haha!
One previous reader rated it with 7 stars, another gave it 9 stars and the last one gave it 8 stars. (See the other journal entries for this book). So it seems that others have liked it a lot. I do hope the next reader will enjoy it and I will be curious in the future to see what other readers will write about it.
Anyway, I started reading it at 22.30 hours last night and I finished it at 13.00 hours today with a long sleep inbetween!

Quick definitions (nonsensical)

▸ adjective: having no intelligible meaning ("A nonsensical jumble of words")
▸ adjective: completely devoid of wisdom or good sense ("Ask a nonsensical question and get a nonsensical answer")
UPDATE
The new Bookcrossing site lost my release notes on this book, and Ardachy already made his journal entry and so I'm putting the new release notes here. I took this book with me to England, to release in The Layer Fox Pub Bookcrossing Meet-up on 17th June 2010.

If you are reading here, then I want to tell you that this is a. FREE . book, and there are no catches! It is now yours! Please read on.....
If you are the finder of this book it would be nice if you could leave a message here to say that you have it. Do not worry because I don't want the book back. It is yours to keep if you want it. I just want to know it is now in safe hands.
Hello and congratulations!
You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope you'll stick around a bit and get to know BookCrossing --maybe even make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join. If you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using me,
chamonix44.
(or any of the journallers before me), as your referring member.

Journal Entry 16 by wingardachywing at Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on Sunday, June 20, 2010

Given to me by chamonix44 when we met at The Layer Fox.

Journal Entry 17 by wingardachywing at Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on Saturday, March 19, 2011

Mmm... nonsense it is but hilarious it isn't, at least in my view.

Journal Entry 18 by wingardachywing at Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on Thursday, May 19, 2011

Reserved to take to the meet up at The Layer Fox for Bookambler.

Journal Entry 19 by wingardachywing at Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on Thursday, May 19, 2011

Released 3 yrs ago (5/19/2011 UTC) at Colchester, Essex United Kingdom

Given to BookAmbler during meet up at the Layer Fox.

Journal Entry 20 by wingBookAmblerwing at Copford, Essex United Kingdom on Thursday, May 19, 2011

Saw this on Ardachy's AVL list and thought it might be fun to BookCross it near a real life Wedgie :)

Journal Entry 21 by wingBookAmblerwing at Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Picked this up as part of the Set It Yourself Challenge #20 - my challenge being to get my TBRs from other BCers books moving.

So appallingly bad I didn't get past page 20. YMMV of course!

Too embarrassing to release near anyone I know so will wild release somewhere afar!

Journal Entry 22 by wingBookAmblerwing at The Purple Dog, Eld Lane OBCZ in Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on Thursday, April 12, 2012

Released 2 yrs ago (4/12/2012 UTC) at The Purple Dog, Eld Lane OBCZ in Colchester, Essex United Kingdom

On The Purple Dog bookshelf =:o)

Journal Entry 23 by wingBookAmblerwing at The Layer Fox Pub in Layer de la Haye, Essex United Kingdom on Thursday, January 17, 2013

Released 1 yr ago (1/17/2013 UTC) at The Layer Fox Pub in Layer de la Haye, Essex United Kingdom

Moving this on from The Purple Dog. Will be left on the OBCZ shelves unless there is a taker at the meet.

Journal Entry 24 by Seadbed at Layer de la Haye, Essex United Kingdom on Friday, August 16, 2013

Picked this up by mistake but It might be amusing if I run out of books I want to read.

Journal Entry 25 by Seadbed at Colchester, Essex United Kingdom on Sunday, September 01, 2013

Released 11 mos ago (8/28/2013 UTC) at Colchester, Essex United Kingdom

This has spent a little while at the Layer Fox have moved it on for Knit and Natter shelf at the Hospital Arms Colchester