corner corner Two Hill Diggers (Rua Susu'ire)

Two Hill Diggers (Rua Susu'ire)
by Geralda Kauhoroasiva | Literature & Fiction
Registered by hendertuckian of Henderson, Nevada USA on Monday, November 20, 2006

status (set by charlenemartel): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by hendertuckian from Henderson, Nevada USA on Monday, November 20, 2006

A custom story told and re-told in the village of Are Are Malaita Solomon Islands, for generation after generation.
Great story and while I figured out the ending, it had a nice twist to the end. Just a reminder - be nice to old people only by the Grace of God do you get to become one.
Read for Olympic Challenge (Solomon Islands) copy 2 of 2

Journal Entry 2 by hendertuckian at -- By post or by hand/ in person, RABCK , bookring/ray in Henderson, Nevada USA on Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Released 8 yrs ago (11/21/2006 UTC) at -- By post or by hand/ in person, RABCK , bookring/ray in Henderson, Nevada USA

sending to new home in finland

Journal Entry 3 by katyan from Detroit, Michigan USA on Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Kiitos! Thank you! :) This small book arrived here today! It sounds wonderful, I hope to read it soon!

Journal Entry 4 by katyan from Detroit, Michigan USA on Sunday, January 28, 2007

I read this great tale from Solomon Islands yesterday, and I really enjoyed it. It was a story of two brothers, of whom the other was bad & other good. The story was old and had many significances. It was great to read a tale from so far away, it's nice to learn something new from these ancient tales.
I also found some nice pictures from Solomon Islands over here:
Solomon Islands

Journal Entry 5 by katyan from Detroit, Michigan USA on Sunday, January 28, 2007

This book will contiue traveling as a bookray, here are the participants:

Alvhyttan (Sweden), Europe/Intl'
Sheepseeker (Germany), Intl'
Piggeldy (Germany), Europe/Intl'
Ilios (Florida, USA), USA/Intl'
charlenemartel (Canada), Intl'

Happy reading to you all!

Journal Entry 6 by Alvhyttan from Nora, Västmanland Sweden on Saturday, February 03, 2007

Got this little book in the mail yesterday.
Thanks katyan and hendertuckian!

This one will soon be on its way to Germany.

Journal Entry 7 by Alvhyttan from Nora, Västmanland Sweden on Wednesday, February 07, 2007

This was a nice folk-tale!
I am glad I got the opportunity to read it.

Tomorrow it will be mailed to Sheepseeker.

Journal Entry 8 by Sheepseeker from Bonn, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, February 11, 2007

The booklet arrived here yesterday and I already finished reading it. I liked it very much and I think it was the best story I read so far from the Oceania-area. The story was entertaining and I liked the ending :)

Thanks for sharing this book. I'll send it on to Piggeldy as soon as I get the address...

Journal Entry 9 by Piggeldy from Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Well, I expected a small book - but it was smaller than I ever imagined: 18 pages! At least I hope to finish it soon, though I'll only be able to read it in the evenings, right before I go to bed... However, the book will travel on via airmail instead of surface mail: it shouldn't be that expensive :-)

Edit, February 15th: Well, it was a nice evening yesterday, and I finished the book. I liked the story, it somehow reminds me of "normal" (german) fairy-tales, but with a whiff of South Seas' atmosphere.

Edit, February 21st: I'm so sorry, but I haven't got the time to get to the post office :-( I really hope to get there next week!

Journal Entry 10 by Ilios from Tampa, Florida USA on Sunday, March 11, 2007

I received this booklet yesterday and finished reading it last night. It is a very unpretentious book that shares one traditional story from the Solomon Islands. It is an easy read and an enjoyable one too. We cheer for Susu'ire Masike anbd we hope for Susu're Paina punishment as the tale unfolds. It is interesting to notice that all cultures have stories to teach us to be good, patient, and respectful of others, even when life is unfair to us. In this case, this traditional tale does it with the backdrop of the Pacific.

I used this book for the 5-5-5 challenge. Thank you so much for sharing this. I will contact the next bxer and send the book on its way.

Journal Entry 11 by Ilios at US Post in Book Ring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Released 7 yrs ago (3/20/2007 UTC) at US Post in Book Ring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

mailing out to next BXer!

Journal Entry 12 by charlenemartel on Thursday, March 29, 2007

This little gem arrived with me today. Thank you for the gorgeous postcard Ilios. I collect postcards so it I was thrilled to bits about that.

I can't wait to read this :)