corner corner The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic

The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic
by Sophie Kinsella | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Jordanne of Landgraaf, Limburg Netherlands on 11/20/2006

status (set by dutch-book): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by Jordanne from Landgraaf, Limburg Netherlands on Monday, November 20, 2006

Het eerste deel van de bekende Shopaholic serie. In het Engels.

Journal Entry 2 by AnnevO from Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Found this book in the mail today, thanks!

Journal Entry 3 by AnnevO from Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Monday, March 26, 2007

All well that ends well seems to be the motto of this book. I liked it, but I'm not crazy about it.

Journal Entry 4 by AnnevO at In de chicklit boekendoos in chicklit bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, April 12, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (4/12/2007 UTC) at In de chicklit boekendoos in chicklit bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Journal Entry 5 by Soloo from 't Harde, Gelderland Netherlands on Sunday, May 20, 2007

Dit boek heb ik met heel veel plezier uit de chicklit bookbox gehaald!
Was dit weekend in Rome en stond daar op het vliegveld in een boekenwinkel en zat ontzettend te twijfelen of ik dit boek zou kopen! wat een geluk dat ik dat niet gedaan heb.... het boek is me dus zo aan komen vliegen.....

Journal Entry 6 by Soloo from 't Harde, Gelderland Netherlands on Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Dit boek gaat weer terug naar Jordanne!

Journal Entry 7 by Soloo at controlled release in controlled release, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (6/24/2008 UTC) at controlled release in controlled release, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Journal Entry 8 by Jordanne from Landgraaf, Limburg Netherlands on Friday, June 27, 2008

Weer terug bij mij. In het verleden is het me niet gelukt door dit boek heen te komen, maar aangezien ik alle andere Sophie Kinsella's wel leuk vind, moet het met Shopaholic toch ook eens gaan lukken!

Journal Entry 9 by nikel27 from -- Irgendwo / Somewhere --, Hessen Germany on Friday, August 14, 2009

Sorry, I just saw that I forgot to make a journal entry for this book.

update:
already read this book, thanks again for sharing with me.

Amazon Editorial Review:
Meet Rebecca Bloomwood. She's a journalist. She spends her working life telling others how to manage their money. She spends her leisure time...shopping. Retail therapy is the answer to all her problems. She knows she should stop, but she can't. She tries Cutting Back, she tries Making More Money. But neither seems to work. The stories she concocts become more and more fantastic as she tries to untangle her increasingly dire financial difficulties. Her only comfort is to buy herself something - just a little something...Can Becky ever escape from this dream world, find true love, and regain the use of her Switch card? "The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic..." is the perfect pick me up for when it's all hanging in the (bank) balance.

Journal Entry 10 by nikel27 at BookBox, Ginsheim -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (9/14/2009 UTC) at BookBox, Ginsheim -- Controlled Releases

First Sentences Vbb 2. Round 2009

Journal Entry 11 by dutch-book from Heerenveen, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Friday, September 25, 2009

And received it! I like it that this book comes from Jordanne from the dutch forum. I like to send this book, after I read it, to someone in another country.
It was an unexpected book, I expected something different. I have already read it in dutch, but I'm going to read this one in english as wel.
To be continued...

Journal Entry 12 by dutch-book from Heerenveen, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Friday, November 20, 2009

I've read this one. I have read this one in Dutch, a couple of times, but not in English. Now I have. I like the story. Usually I don't like chicklit, but this book has it in balanced doses, so it's readable for me.

Journal Entry 13 by dutch-book at OBCZ Griffioen in Amstelveen, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Friday, November 20, 2009

Released 8 yrs ago (11/21/2009 UTC) at OBCZ Griffioen in Amstelveen, Noord-Holland Netherlands

I'll take this one with me to the meeting tomorrow.