corner corner The Old wives' tale

by Arnold Bennett | Literature & Fiction
Registered by LeighBCD on 11/17/2006

status (set by LeighBCD): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by LeighBCD on Friday, November 17, 2006

I bought this book after discovering the author's existence (thanks to Bookcrossing) and seeing that this novel had a 5 star reader review on Amazon. This sounds like an opportunity too good to be passed up, I think!

Journal Entry 2 by LeighBCD on Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I tried really hard to get into this but I could not... I gave up after page 50 adopting the Nancy Pearl approach to reading novels! It is not that I didn't find the novel well written, but its dreary Northern town setting reminded me a little of DH Lawrence's books who are also set in middle England at around the same time. I started to feel depressed not invigorated or intrigued so I have given up. The fact this book is so well regarded means that it is probably me, not it.

Journal Entry 3 by LeighBCD at ReaditSwapit exchanged by post for another book in Read it swap it., readitswapit.co.uk -- Controlled Releases on Monday, September 08, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (9/8/2008 UTC) at ReaditSwapit exchanged by post for another book in Read it swap it., readitswapit.co.uk -- Controlled Releases

Released as part of a readitswapit.co.uk exchange.

If you are new to BookCrossing and find this book... Welcome! Enjoy the book, the site and the BookCrossing community of book lovers. You can join Bookcrossing, which is free -- or you can remain anonymous. Either way, I hope you make a journal entry for this book letting us know where it is now.

Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend or even set it back out "into the wild" for someone else to find like you did. Thanks a lot - hope you like this site and the book!