corner corner Benighted

Medium

Benighted
by Kit Whitfield | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by Laurellane of Waco, Texas USA on 11/14/2006
Average 9 star rating by BookCrossing Members 

status (set by Booklady123): to be read


3 journalers for this copy...

Journal Entry 1 by Laurellane from Waco, Texas USA on Tuesday, November 14, 2006

9 out of 10

Engrossing tale of a woman forced to protect the werewolf majority from themselves. You won't want to put it down. 


Journal Entry 2 by affinity4books from Bryan, Texas USA on Tuesday, January 16, 2007

10 out of 10

One of the best books I read last year. A fantasy/dystopian world that feels very real and offers a fresh look at prejudice, what differences keep us together and tear us apart.

From Amazon:
This story is about a world where 99% of the population are werewolves (although the word is never used in the story). The other 1% are regular humans. However, with such a small percentage of the population, they're very much considered and treated as a minority, and feel that every moment of their lives. The story is about a woman who works in the human branch of government, which is primarily responsible for making sure the werewolves don't cause utter havoc during the full moon, and has been given quite a bit of power to assure that doesn't happen. When two humans are shot with silver bullets, she undertakes to discover who did it, and ends up in a surprising and personally devastating place.

I was surprised by the depth of characterization and world building in this story. I admit I was expecting another slightly shallow werewolf action story. That's not what this is, but I certainly wasn't disappointed. Rather, I found myself emotionally involved in the characters and the love story to a degree I always hope to achieve when I read a book, but rarely attain.

This will travel around as an international ring! PM me shipping preferences to join. Please try to pass along within a month. Let me know if any issues arise.

Participants so far:
Booklady123 CO ship intl
tish2002 ship US
Bug2004 NE
NomiJo NY ship int'l
TorontoTrinity Canada ship intl
AmberC Aus prefer to ship Aus

Back to me in Texas! 


Journal Entry 3 by affinity4books at Bookray in By Mail, BookCrosser -- Controlled Releases on Friday, February 23, 2007

This book has not been rated.

Released 10 yrs ago (2/23/2007 UTC) at Bookray in By Mail, BookCrosser -- Controlled Releases

WILD RELEASE NOTES:

RELEASE NOTES:

This book is finally starting its journey! Mailed to Colorado Springs today. 


Journal Entry 4 by Booklady123 from Waynesville, Missouri USA on Wednesday, February 28, 2007

This book has not been rated.

I just received this book as part of book ring. I'm looking forward to reading it. 


Are you sure you want to delete this item? It cannot be undone.