corner corner Sugarplums and Scandal

Journal Entry 1 by EllyMae58 from San Diego, California USA on Tuesday, November 14, 2006

And just in time comes this grand gift of seasonal mystery and romance from six of popular fiction's most supremely talented "Santas" - for 'tis the season for scandals, suspense, and all sorts of unexpected surprises!

Enjoy Lori Avocato's tale of the sexy fraud investigator and the delinquent dentist, and Dana Cameron's suspenseful story of a not-so-merry Christmas Eve at an English manor house. Savor Mary Daheim's scrumptious gathering of lively loved ones and one ghostly guest, and Cait London's blood-chilling tale of a menaced Christmas do-gooder. Suzanne Macpherson delights with a Yuletide fable about a perky, persistent spirit and her haunted ex-fiancé. And take a walk with Kerrelyn Sparks on the otherworldly side to discover how the undead celebrate the holidays.

Journal Entry 2 by EllyMae58 from San Diego, California USA on Sunday, December 09, 2007

All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth by Lori Avocato
A cute, fun, easy mystery to read, but nothing special. I doubt I'd make any effort to search out any of her books.

The Lords of Misrule by Dana Cameron
I started this, and a few pages in, gave up. I'm not into reading books that take place in the 18th century, especially when they are written to reflect the way the people spoke during that time. Too hard for me to understand and get through the "flowery" speech.

The Ghost of Christmas Passed by Dana Cameron
A bit dull. Way too many characters and not enough mystery to it for my taste.

Partners in Crime by Cait London
One of the reasons I disliked (and stopped reading) her books was because I always felt like things had been cut out of the story and they never seemed to flow well for me. The same can be said for this one. Didn't care for it.

Holly Go Lightly by Suzanne Macpherson
I really enjoyed this one. Short and sweet and heartwarming.

A Very Vampy Christmas by Kerrelyn Sparks
Predictably, my favorite story in the book. I liked how Pierce and Maggie came together and that they figured out where he was from. His family was pretty funny. I hope they appear again in future books by this author.

Journal Entry 3 by EllyMae58 from San Diego, California USA on Tuesday, December 11, 2007

My 158th read of 2007.

I fully expected this book to be full of light mysteries, along the lines of the first story by Lori Avocato. I was wrong, but liking 50% of the book isn't bad.

Journal Entry 4 by EllyMae58 from San Diego, California USA on Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Now this is off to shaunesay, who won it in the Christmas Mystery Swap! Merry reading!

Journal Entry 5 by shaunesay from Olathe, Kansas USA on Saturday, January 05, 2008

Thanks EllyMae! I'll have to compare notes on which ones I liked when I'm done!

Journal Entry 6 by shaunesay from Olathe, Kansas USA on Thursday, February 28, 2008

I would have to say that I liked the last three the best, Partners in Crime, Holly Go Lightly and A Very Vampy Christmas. The Vampire one was pretty much just silly, but sometimes your just in the mood for that! The one that seemed the best put together to me was probably Partners in Crime by Cait London, I haven't read any of her books before, so I may have to give one a try. :) Thanks again EllyMae!

Next stop KathyB for Amberkatze's M-bag, from the PUF ALS, being mailed 3/1! Enjoy!

Journal Entry 7 by KathyB25 from Arlington, Texas USA on Saturday, March 08, 2008

Received today from Shaunesay for Amberkatze's M=Bag

Journal Entry 8 by Amberkatze from Wien Bezirk 10 - Favoriten, Wien Austria on Monday, May 26, 2008

Thank you Shaunie and Kathy for sending this book to me via the Mbag!

Journal Entry 9 by Amberkatze at -- Irgendwo / Somewhere in Wien - irgendwo / Vienna - somewhere, Wien Austria on Thursday, August 21, 2008

Released 8 yrs ago (8/21/2008 UTC) at -- Irgendwo / Somewhere in Wien - irgendwo / Vienna - somewhere, Wien Austria

Dear Finder,
Congratulations on finding this book! I hope you enjoy it. I'd be thrilled if you took the time to let me know what you will be doing with this book once you've read it by making a journal entry.
Please note that joining bookcrossing.com is anonymous & free!
kind regards,