corner corner Dance upon the Air (Three Sisters Island Trilogy)

Dance upon the Air (Three Sisters Island Trilogy)
by Nora Roberts | Romance
Registered by wingCandyDarlingwing of Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 11/7/2006

status (set by Anuliini1975): available

Journal Entry 1 by wingCandyDarlingwing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, November 07, 2006

From Amazon.com:
Dance Upon the Air introduces readers to the idyllic town of Three Sisters Island. Reputedly conjured by a trio of sisters seeking to escape the Salem witch-hunts, the island remains a place of quiet refuge for one and all, including pretty Nell Channing who arrives in town afraid of her own shadow, with few possessions and no past. But the warm, sunny days and cool, windswept nights, as well as the loving concern of new friends--especially hunky sheriff Zack Todd--soon lure skittish Nell into a much-welcome fresh life. Nell's new boss, the captivatingly lovely bookstore owner Mia Devlin, wonders from what or whom Nell is running. Mia treats Nell as she would a sister, which isn't too far off the mark, helping Nell discover and explore her inner resources while Zack's romantic attentions bring a rosy glow to Nell's cheeks and to her future. But something wicked this way comes… Will Nell be ready to face and conquer her past? Even with the love and support of Mia, Zack, and Zack's fellow police officer, his peppery, down-to-earth sister Ripley, Nell has the fight of her life--the fight for her life--on her hands.

Three Sisters Trilogy
1. Dance Upon the Air (2001)
2. Heaven and Earth (2001)
3. Face the Fire (2002)

Journal Entry 2 by wingCandyDarlingwing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Dance Upon the Air was the first book I've read by Nora Roberts, and I'll definitely be reading more. Nora Roberts has a talent for creating a wonderful atmosphere, which makes you want to stay inside her world. If Three Sisters Island existed in reality, I'd definitely go there on a holiday!

I picked up Dance Upon the Air because I saw it in a list of witchy fiction. When thinking back on the book, I realise magic played a pretty small part in this book, which was a bit disappointing. But as a romance book, Dance Upon the Air was great. I'm looking forward to reading the sequels!

Here's a link to a really good review on Amazon. I agree 100% with this review. :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingCandyDarlingwing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, November 10, 2006

I will offer the Three Sisters Trilogy as a bookring.

Participants:
1. NeedSun (Canada)
2. Terra57 (US)
3. CheriePie (US)

Journal Entry 4 by wingCandyDarlingwing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I sent the book to NeedSun yesterday. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by NeedSun from Perth Road, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Thanks for sending this book to me and for letting me join this bookring. I can't believe how quickly it arrived.

Journal Entry 6 by NeedSun from Perth Road, Ontario Canada on Friday, March 02, 2007

This kind of book seems to be my favorite right now. There was a strong romantic element to it but the story was filled with drama, heartache and the will to survive. These characters are going to stay with me for a long time. I am really glad to be the first for the next book, I can't wait to read it.

Thank you, CandyDarling for sharing this series with us. I just PMed Terra57 for her address and will get it into the mail as soon as I get it.

Edit Mar 9: Sent by air on Mar 5.

Journal Entry 7 by terra57 from Hopedale, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, March 10, 2007

I just received this a few minutes ago and will read asap. I have 4 other books in front of it but I read quickly.

Journal Entry 8 by terra57 from Hopedale, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, April 26, 2007

Just finished this book today and found the story line good but not fantastic. There could have been a bit more to do with the witchcraft in it. I did find the ending too rushed. The authors descriptions were fantastic and I could actually see myself being there. I really wish I had a life like that on an island. Thanks for allowing me to read this and will pass on to Cherie the beginning of the week.

Journal Entry 9 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Monday, June 04, 2007

Oooh I'm so glad I'm last on this. I'm inundated with rings right now, and with an upcoming meetup with other Obsessors next month and an owed TBR a mile long including rings/rays, I'm getting stressed over it all. :P So I know Candy won't mind it being safe with me for longer so I can concentrate on the ones that have people behind me, and my owed swap/VBB books from March. :)

Journal Entry 10 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Saturday, July 18, 2009

I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would considering it's a romance. When I read a romance, the female lead needs to be a strong person. I get so frustrated over the swooning "I need a man" mentality. However, though Nell was weak in the beginning with her abusive husband, she eventually got past the mental block which often affects abuse victims and escaped the situation. That made me like her a lot more.

So after faking her own death, changing her name, and then fleeing to the other side of the country, she finds herself drawn to Three Sisters Island, where her destiny is calling her. But her scars from the past cannot be erased. Nell must eventually deal with the issues in order to move forward in her new relationship. Nell goes to work for a woman named Mia, a practicing Witch and Wiccan, who helps Nell to embrace the other half of her personality, the "witchy" side she never knew she had.

Of course, it's all happily ever after in the end. But what else would you expect from a romance. ;) The next two books in this trilogy are about Ripley and Mia respectively. Though I liked this one well enough, I haven't yet decided if I'm quite dying to read the others, simply because of the amount of other books I still have on my to-be-read pile.

This was mailed back to CandyDarling, along with a couple other books, on 7/17/09 via USPS International First Class.

Journal Entry 11 by wingCandyDarlingwing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, July 24, 2009

Dance upon the Air is back home, thank you CheriePie!

Journal Entry 12 by wingCandyDarlingwing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, March 19, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (3/19/2015 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Sent the book to Anuliini1975 today. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 13 by Anuliini1975 at Ähtäri, Etelä-Pohjanmaa / Södra Österbotten Finland on Monday, March 23, 2015

Minä kiitän kirjasta :)

Journal Entry 14 by Anuliini1975 at Ähtäri, Etelä-Pohjanmaa / Södra Österbotten Finland on Sunday, February 04, 2018

saatavilla oleviin.