corner corner Subspace Explorers

Subspace Explorers
by E. E. 'Doc' Smith | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by daveytay of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Monday, November 06, 2006

status (set by The-Organist): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by daveytay from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Monday, November 06, 2006

Do you like those stories of Texan oil men and big families having power? Epic tales that take a little while to develop? Here is one in space. A classic.

Journal Entry 2 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Left on the table after tonight's meetup, so I took it home to continue its journey.

^ ^
=+=

Journal Entry 3 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, November 25, 2006

Given to Sherlockfan for the NZBC convention, Wellington, February 16-18 2007.

^ ^
=+=

Journal Entry 4 by BCNZCONV on Thursday, November 30, 2006

Received from FutureCat during her delightful visit to our house. WIll add to the growing pile for the Convention in February.

Journal Entry 5 by carnelian-rune from New Plymouth, Taranaki New Zealand on Wednesday, February 21, 2007

This was passed to me as I had expressed my interest in science fiction.

Journal Entry 6 by carnelian-rune from New Plymouth, Taranaki New Zealand on Friday, May 04, 2007

Once upon a time they all lived happily ever after.

The story is simplistic in the extreme, with perfectly matched couples all with amazing mental abilities. Like this - "Oh dear, we seem to be surrounded by thousands of heavily armed space ships. Shall we blow them to pieces with our super-weapons?" "No, I'll read the peoples minds and find out where they live, and you can teleport them back home. Then we'll take all the empty ships for ourselves". And so it was done.

Mix into that a lot of anti-communism and anti-union stance, then exaggerate psi powers until they are virtually indistiguishable from magic and blanket the whole story with that and you have a story that's so cheesy you could have it on toast.

Journal Entry 7 by carnelian-rune at Foreshore Walkway in New Plymouth, Taranaki New Zealand on Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Released 6 yrs ago (1/9/2008 UTC) at Foreshore Walkway in New Plymouth, Taranaki New Zealand

The book was left in the bushes and rocks on the left hand side, where the walkway starts at the Port end.

Journal Entry 8 by The-Organist from Timaru, Canterbury New Zealand on Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Caught sight of while with CR in New Plymouth.