corner corner The Codex

The Codex
by Douglas Preston | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by ReadInTheTub of Arlington, Virginia USA on 8/18/2007

status (set by Michelle10): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by ReadInTheTub from Arlington, Virginia USA on Saturday, August 18, 2007

This book sucks. How it became a NY Times best seller I will never now. The characters were stereotypes, thin, predicable and annoying. The plot was so dumb. I hope you like it more than I did. Apparently someone liked it.

Journal Entry 2 by wingmelydiawing from Centreville, Virginia USA on Saturday, August 18, 2007

I picked this up today at the BookCrossing meet at Panera in Alexandria, VA. I had a great time and will be continuing this book''s journey very soon.

It was great meeting you, ReadInTheTub!

Journal Entry 3 by wingmelydiawing from Centreville, Virginia USA on Tuesday, September 18, 2007

This book is part of my Roadtrip Release, 21-24 September 2007. I am driving from Virginia to Illinois and back, dropping books along the way. I will post updated release information when I get home.

Journal Entry 4 by wingmelydiawing at BP near I-70 in Brownsburg, Indiana USA on Monday, September 24, 2007

Released 9 yrs ago (9/21/2007 UTC) at BP near I-70 in Brownsburg, Indiana USA

Left by the pump.

Journal Entry 5 by Michelle10 from Indianapolis, Indiana USA on Saturday, September 29, 2007

So, my husband and I were off on a 2 city tour in two days to attend a wedding on a Saturday morning and an engagement party that same night. As soon as we were far enough from the house to make it impossible to go back, I realized that I didn't bring a book to read! We stopped at the gas station to fill up for the trip and as I was coming back out from purchasing some breakfast treats, I noticed this book purposely propped up on the side of the pump we actually used. At first I just glanced at it and thought it was somethinig that someone might have lost when I realized it was a book I thought...should I take it? I really wanted a book remember? Then I saw the orange tag that said PICK ME UP. So, I did! I couldn't believe it.....a book for my trip. I have to admit I was a little leary that I would actually like it but I must say that so far so good! I had never heard of a trav eling book but immediately thought...what a great idea! I was so excited about this new thing. I found "The Codex" at a BP gas station in Brownsburg, IN..it traveled with me to Chicago, Detroit and back to Indianapolis. I have't finished reading it but when I do, I will surely release it for another person to find. I'm really trying to think of a good place to let it go. I hope I get to travel somewhere so I can release it somewhere else. Thanks for leaving this book where I could find it on a day when I really needed it.