corner corner Dead Over Heels: An Aurora Teagarden Mystery (#5)

Dead Over Heels: An Aurora Teagarden Mystery (#5)
by Charlaine Harris | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by CheriePie of Campbell, California USA on 11/1/2006

status (set by Soozreader): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Purchased The Julius House and Dead Over Heels from an eBay seller for $7.51 and $13.22 respectively, plus $3.50 shipping. These books are out-of-print, and these two in particular, books 4 and 5, were harder to obtain than the others in this series. I bought them for Joanne (NeedSun), but am reading them for myself first at her insistence. ;)

Book Description
A man's body plummets from a low-flying plane onto the freshly mowed lawn of Aurora "Roe" Teagarden. When the corpse embedded in her backyard is identified as Detective Jack Burns of the Lawrenceton, Georgia, police department, the town is abuzz. Everyone knows that Burns and Roe just plain disliked each other.

Message or warning? Jack Burns is not the only corpse to land in Roe's vicinity, as another dead body, then an almost-dead body point to at least one indisputable fact: Aurora is once again in the middle of murder—and this time it's personal.

Journal Entry 2 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Wednesday, December 19, 2007

This fifth installment in the Aurora Teagarden Mystery series is just as cute and cozy as it's predecessors. The story takes place about two years after the events of the previous book, The Julius House. Roe and Martin have settled into married life quite comfortably, and things have been relatively quiet around the small Atlanta suburb of Lawrenceton, GA for the last few years. But that all changes when a body is dropped from a low-flying airplane, right onto Roe's lawn! But just wait a day or two because you know that won't be the only dead body showing up!

This is now reserved for NeedSun, and will be heading out to her shortly along with The Julius House and a few books.

Journal Entry 3 by CheriePie at RABCK in USPS Priority International, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases on Friday, December 21, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (12/20/2007 UTC) at RABCK in USPS Priority International, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases

Mailed 20-Dec-2007 via USPS Priority Mail International in Fixed Rate envelope.

Sent books 4 and 5 of the Aurora Teagarden series, along with two unregistered RABCKs from SandDanz (The Wolf King by Alice Borchardt and Just Desserts by Mary Daheim), which she handed off to me when I met her in Columbus in July. Basically as much as I could shove in a fixed-rate Priority Mail envelope for $9. LOL

Journal Entry 4 by NeedSun from Perth Road, Ontario Canada on Monday, January 14, 2008

Thanks, Cherie, for sending these to me. I am really looking forward to reading more about Roe.

Journal Entry 5 by NeedSun from Perth Road, Ontario Canada on Thursday, March 26, 2009

I really enjoyed seeing Aurora happily married and how nice and protective her husband is. The mystery was not quite as good previous books, imo.

Going to wyvernfriend next as part of the bookring.

Journal Entry 6 by NeedSun from Perth Road, Ontario Canada on Thursday, March 26, 2009

Here are all the books in this series that are going to be sent out in a book spiral.

1. Real Murders
2. A Bone to Pick
3. Three Bedrooms, One Corpse
4. The Julius House
5. Dead Over Heels
6. A Fool and His Honey
7. Last Scene Alive
8. Poppy Done to Death

Here are the participants and mailing order:

Wyvernfriend--->Ireland/Europe
sunlightbub--->UK/Int

Rianonne--->Austria/Europe
Not 1.Real Murders or 2.Bone to Pick)

CandyDarling--->Finland/int
Morgaine77--->Germany/int
shaunesay-->USA/US,Can
(Not 3.Three Bedrooms; 7.Last Scene Alive)
MaplesFlowers-->USA/USA
(Only needs #5 Dead Over Heels)

Return to Cheriepie

lizziwhizz-->USA/USA
(Only needs #6 A fool and his Honey)

Journal Entry 7 by NeedSun from Perth Road, Ontario Canada on Friday, March 27, 2009

Sent today by air to Wyvernfriend

Journal Entry 8 by wyvernfriend from Lucan, Co. Dublin Ireland on Tuesday, March 31, 2009

just arrived

Journal Entry 9 by Sunnybubble from Wallasey, Merseyside United Kingdom on Sunday, November 08, 2009

Got this last week, but had no internet..Now back online and hoping to get to this soon!

Journal Entry 10 by Sunnybubble from Wallasey, Merseyside United Kingdom on Thursday, December 31, 2009

Sorry for the delay in getting to this one!
I think this was my fav of the series so far. I love the fact the Roe's relationships with her family and friends seem true to life.
( BTW in my head Roe looks like Holly Hunter!)

Reading number 6 now.

Journal Entry 11 by wingCandyDarlingwing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, February 20, 2010

Got this in the mail last week, thank you! I'm looking forward to reading more Aurora Teagarden books!

Journal Entry 12 by wingCandyDarlingwing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, July 15, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (7/15/2016 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Found this on Soozreader's wishlist. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 13 by wingSoozreaderwing at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Friday, July 15, 2016

Thank you for this wishlist book!:)