corner corner The Virgin Suicides

The Virgin Suicides
by Jeffrey Eugenides | Literature & Fiction
Registered by brewski of Markham, Ontario Canada on 12/22/2006

status (set by avanta7): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Friday, December 22, 2006

Picked this up at some book sale or another after enjoying Middlesex

Journal Entry 2 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Sunday, January 07, 2007

This took me a little while to read since my parents were visiting over the holidays, and I had less reading time than usual. On a side note, my Mom thought I was a bit weird since every book she saw me read during her visit was a bit odd...first Stiff, then this book.

Oh, yes, on to what I thought of this book. I really enjoyed Eugenides' writing as I was expecting after having read Middlesex. The story managed to be extremely interesting despite what you knew was the inevitable outcome for the Lisbon sisters. This book provoked much contemplation on my part of what motivates people to suicide, but I can't say that I came away with much better of an understanding than I started with.

Perhaps I will have to catch this movie, the book cover makes it look pretty riveting. I am reserving this book for generous fellow BookCrosser avanta7.

Journal Entry 3 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Thursday, January 11, 2007

Dropped in the mailbox this morning for fellow native-Californian, avanta7. Before you ask me what the heck am I doing living in Canada if I was born in California, let me put it this way...I married a Toronto native ;)

Journal Entry 4 by avanta7 on Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A wish-list gift from brewski! Thank you kindly, sir.