corner corner Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers

Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers
by mary roach | Nonfiction
Registered by brewski of Markham, Ontario Canada on 12/12/2006

status (set by Mak250): available

Journal Entry 1 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I couldn't contain my morbid curiosity over this book after so much talk about it in the forums, and its presence on so many people's wishlists.

Journal Entry 2 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Sunday, December 31, 2006

Despite the subject matter of this book, it was an amazingly funny and interesting read. I learned many interesting things about what happens to cadavers after death, many of which I never imagined happening.

Journal Entry 3 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Sunday, January 28, 2007

Reserved for oldreader for the Hot Titles! old-school relay.

Journal Entry 4 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Dropped in the mailbox this morning.

Journal Entry 5 by oldreader from Citrus Heights, California USA on Thursday, February 22, 2007

tbr

Journal Entry 6 by oldreader from Citrus Heights, California USA on Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The Book was a bit more interesting than I had expected.There were many unusual facts.I was a bit leery at first,but glad that I read it.The subject is one not easily discussed.On the way to BruceAlexander bookrelay trade within a week.

Journal Entry 7 by oldreader at RABCK in Controlled Release, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, March 08, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (3/8/2007 UTC) at RABCK in Controlled Release, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases

mailed today.

Journal Entry 8 by BruceAlexander from Cloudcroft, New Mexico USA on Friday, March 16, 2007

This came in the mail today; thanks oldreader! You're a fast reader, not an old reader! LOL - I wasn't expecting this book for awhile so its immediate arrival was a nice surprise!

[I'm about a 1/3 of the way through "Running with Scissors" that I've promised you. As soon as I'm done, it'll be in the mail to you, pronto.]

Thanks again for a wishlist book that I've been wanting for YEARS ~

Journal Entry 9 by BruceAlexander from Cloudcroft, New Mexico USA on Wednesday, October 08, 2008

I, too, couldn't contain my morbid curiosity about the content of this book. Some of the stuff was an eye-opener.....I didn't know about the university that leaves cadavers lying about like roadside litter, just to analyze how they decompose.....hmmm, just another pearl of wisdom from the great Mary Roach! I love the way Roach writes, and I will definitely be on the lookout for more of her books! She is mega-talented!

Thank you for sending me this book, oldreader. I really got a kick out of it and am so glad I got a chance to read it.

ETA: Plan to release this soon (1 OCT 12) ~

Journal Entry 10 by Mak250 at New York City, New York USA on Friday, April 14, 2017

Intriguing...enlightening...sometimes not for the squeamish and overall a dignified look at an emotional subject. Great author with a sense of humor!