corner corner The Gradual Vegetarian: The Step-by-Step Way to Start Eating the Right Stuff Today

by Lisa Tracy | Cooking, Food & Wine
Registered by laura0141 of Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 19, 2006

status (set by broken-soul21): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by laura0141 from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The Back of the Book

Step-by-Step to a New Way of Life!

Do you want to cut down on meat eating or adopt a completely vegetarian diet? Whatever your goal, Lisa Tracy has written the book that takes al the trouble out of the transition. She shows you how to get started and lets you take it as far as you want to go:

Stage One - includes poultry and fish
Stage Two - includes fish
Stage Three - the total vegetarian diet

Let her show you how to:

* Analyze your diet

* Plan your strategy

* Reorganise your kitchen for great meals in minutes

* Shop supermarkets and health food stores

* Become an expert on everything from sweeteners and sprouts to seeds and seaweeds

* Answer the complex carbohydrate question

* Attack your allergies

* Dine out in style

* Live with meat eaters and blongna lovers

* And much, much more ...

Complete with delicious recipes for every step of the way, The Gradual Vegetarian takes you where you want to go - toward a better way of eating and living.

Journal Entry 2 by laura0141 from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, November 12, 2006

This is a good introduction to vegetarianism and 'whole food' although I didn't read the third stage which takes the reader onto a macrobiotic diet.

Offered as BookRing.

Journal Entry 3 by laura0141 from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, November 12, 2006

BookRing:

valerief - US - Intl
boirina - Portugal - Intl if nec
QueenSissi - Portugal - Eur
laura0141 - UK - ENDS

Journal Entry 4 by laura0141 from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 22, 2006

PMed KateKintail for addy

Journal Entry 5 by laura0141 from Glasgow, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, December 20, 2006

On way to katekintail

Journal Entry 6 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Received this in the mail a few hours ago. I'm already a vegetarian but look forward to supplementing my knowledge. Thanks laura0141!

Journal Entry 7 by wingKateKintailwing from Burke, Virginia USA on Thursday, February 22, 2007

Sorry I kept this a little too long. 2007 has been a busy one. But I really enjoyed this book. I've been a vegetarian since 1999 but I actually learned a lot from the book, like the fact that enough nitrogen for a good balance can be found in white rice... or why vegetarian diets can be so much easier on the digestive system. But I also really liked the discussion of different types of vegetarians and ways to live as one. I liked the inclusion of issues such as how to prepare vegetarian meals when you're single and worried about food spoiling, and about what to do in social situations such as dinner parties. I tried a few of the recipies, but was more inspired by the book than anything else. I hope others enjoy it as well!

Thank you very much for the book ring! I've PMed broken-soul21 for an address and will send it off ASAP.

Delivery Confirmation #0305 1720 0000 5768 9346

Journal Entry 8 by broken-soul21 from Wichita, Kansas USA on Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I didn't realize I had this book for so long!! I'm so sorry. Haven't tried the recipes yet but I'm eager to!

Contacting skcreader for address...