corner corner Portrait in Sepia

by Isabel Allende, Margaret Sayers Peden | Literature & Fiction
Registered by NXS-581865 on 9/18/2006

status (set by freelunch): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by NXS-581865 on Monday, September 18, 2006

Portrait in Sepia is both a magnificent historical novel set at the end of the nineteenth century in Chile and a marvellous family saga peopled by characters from "daughter of fortune" and "the house of spirits", two of Allende's most celebrated novels.
...so it says on the cover...

well this book kept me going all weekend including the wee hours of the morning, i just couldn't put it down.
with the exquisite and detailed characterization it is easy to get so engrossed in this book, the plot is gripping and sustains till the very end.
passionate and erotic passages spiced up the whole saga!

Journal Entry 2 by NXS-581865 on Sunday, December 17, 2006

going to dolphin-au as part of a relay.

Journal Entry 3 by dolphin-au from Lake Macquarie, New South Wales Australia on Sunday, January 21, 2007

Thanks Makita21, for this and the whole bag of surprises! I am looking forward to reading this, but can't promise I will read it anytime soon.

Journal Entry 4 by dolphin-au from Lake Macquarie, New South Wales Australia on Thursday, May 08, 2008

Finally got on to this book. I love all Allende books and this was no exception. She makes the characters come so much alive, it is as if they are part of the family.
I am tempted to keep this book for my permanent collection, as I will probably want to read it again, but I'll send it along to another bookcrosser.

Journal Entry 5 by freelunch from Cairns, Queensland Australia on Wednesday, May 28, 2008

received in the Southern Cross book exchange

thanks very much dolphin-au :o)

I've not yet read any Isabel Allende but this sounds promising...

Journal Entry 6 by freelunch at Cairns OT Bookcrossing Zone in Woree, Queensland Australia on Sunday, August 18, 2013

Released 4 yrs ago (8/18/2013 UTC) at Cairns OT Bookcrossing Zone in Woree, Queensland Australia

too many books, not enough reading. time to get some moving..