corner corner Dubliners (Dover Thrift Editions)

Dubliners (Dover Thrift Editions)
by James Joyce | Literature & Fiction
Registered by soleille of Leipzig, Sachsen Germany on 9/13/2006

status (set by Ramses54): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by soleille from Leipzig, Sachsen Germany on Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Okay, you should have read James Joyce, he's a classic, but you don't need to tackle Ulysses! (I gave up on that one quite soon)
Here's the way to be able to lean back and say "I've read Joyce" without going insane: Dubliners is a collection of 15 short pieces (the whole book is 152 pages) and the best is: quite a lot of them depicting life of the poorer classes in the city at the beginning of the 20th cenury, are actually great, *enjoyable* reads!

Journal Entry 2 by KarmelK from Jerome, Michigan USA on Saturday, December 09, 2006

I've had this book before and tried to read it. I ended up releasing it after trying to get past the first few pages for weeks.
If it is to be released for the WEll Travelled Challenge anytime soon, I won't get it read this time either.
Is there a person to whom it goes after me?
Let me know. And thanks for sending to me. KK

Journal Entry 3 by KarmelK from Jerome, Michigan USA on Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I'll be releasing this for the Celebrate the Irish Challenge.
I still don't know who was supposed to get this next? Soleille can this be wild released, or is someone expecting it?

Journal Entry 4 by KarmelK from Jerome, Michigan USA on Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sent to Erishkigal Dropped in mailbox Sat. 7/21. Very Delayed.
NJABBIC Challenge. No picture Week.

Journal Entry 5 by erishkigal from Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Friday, July 27, 2007

What a surprise!! Now that it's here, I do recall this from The Well-Traveled Wild Release Challenge....just thought it didn't get this far and must have been released eons ago :) I look forward to this chance to redeem myself among the Irish--I not only have never read Joyce, I detest even the smell of whiskey, Irish or otherwise. I'm not totally hopeless, tho. I do enjoy Guiness, and I've read Synge!

Journal Entry 6 by erishkigal at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Friday, June 07, 2013

Omg~~6 years (hangs head in shame).... so I did read some of the stories years (and years) ago when it arrived. And then it disappeared into the morass that is my home. I'm now diving deep, trying to cut wayyyyy back on everything ( I will be downsizing drastically!), including all the books read and unread, and it has been found again! So I started at my bookmark and finished reading. And enjoying, and have finished just in time to (hopefully) pass it on to another bookcrosser.

Journal Entry 7 by erishkigal at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Friday, June 07, 2013

Released 3 yrs ago (6/7/2013 UTC) at Salt Lake City, Utah USA

I met BAMP tonight! And Mr. BAMP! Which is exciting for me, having actually met hardly any other bookcrossers, and only one who is not local :-)

And even more thrilling was to see I had a book on her wishlist, which meant I could both give it to her and fulfill one of the Bookcrossing Olympic Events~~the Shot Put!

Journey well, little book~may you continue to be enjoyed!

Journal Entry 8 by wingBAMPwing at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Saturday, June 08, 2013

It was great to meet you, Erishkigal and thank you so much for the book!

Journal Entry 9 by wingBAMPwing at Linköping, Östergötland Sweden on Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I am a James Joyce fan after reading Ulysses and I enjoyed Dubliners too. "The Dead" was my favorite of the fifteen short stories.
I have read this book before and now I have read my favorite story once more.

Journal Entry 10 by wingBAMPwing at Hampton Inn Lansing in Lansing, Michigan USA on Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Released 3 yrs ago (6/14/2013 UTC) at Hampton Inn Lansing in Lansing, Michigan USA

If you aren't familiar with Bookcrossing, take a few minutes to check out this very cool site. Bookcrossers LOVE books, and more than anything, they love to read books and then set them free for other people to find and enjoy. We would love it, if you would leave a journal entry -- you can say where you found the book or how you liked it when you read it.

Release 21 of the 52 Towns in 52 Weeks Challenge 2013

Journal Entry 11 by Ramses54 at Ekero, Stockholm Sweden on Friday, August 02, 2013

This copy was picked up not far from Drottningholm (royal) Palace in Lake Mälaren not far from Stockholm. It was then left by me on 2 Aug 2013 at the island of Vrångö in the Gothenburg archipelago. I wish it and you, future reader, continuous good luck!
Per (ramses54)