corner corner The Christmas Box - Bookring

by Richard Paul Evans | Literature & Fiction
Registered by musicalpenguin on Tuesday, September 12, 2006

status (set by sadogs): available

Journal Entry 1 by musicalpenguin on Tuesday, September 12, 2006

This is a continuation of tyvmdear's stalled bookring for The Christmas Box. The orginal journal entries can be found here.

"Whatever the reason, I find that with each passing Christmas the story of the Christmas Box is told less and needed more. So I record it now for all future generations to accept or dismiss as seems them good. As for me, I believe. And it is, after all, my story."

So begins The Christmas Box, the touching story of a widow and the young family who moves in with her. Together they discover the first gift of Christmas and learn what Christmas is really all about. The Christmas Box is a Christmas story unlike any other.

The remaining participants are:

AnglersRest - UK
Heaven-Ali - UK <--The book is here
Magika - Norway
sadogs - UK (post EU)

This bookring is still open. If you would like to join it, please send a private message to me, musicalpenguin.

(Please note that I accidentally bought this book in large print by mistake!)

Happy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 2 by AnglersRest from Teignmouth, Devon United Kingdom on Monday, September 18, 2006

Arrived this morning. I do have two rather hefty bookrings in front, but will probably ring jump this one as it is a slim book. I'll PM heaven-ali straight away.

Journal Entry 3 by AnglersRest from Teignmouth, Devon United Kingdom on Saturday, September 23, 2006

A really delightful and gentle read. The story a couple and their daughter Jenna,and an important friendship, showing that meaningful friendships can develop quickly from complete strangers. This story in this book will remain with me long after I have sent it off traveling.It is also one of my favourite's for the year.

The story gives us a message. That we should value and treasure things, for when they are gone it is too late.

The Author's web page is HERE

I have heaven-ali's address, so this will be in the post on Monday 25th.

Thanks so much for sharing this is really a super book.

Journal Entry 4 by Heaven-Ali from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I am really looking forward to this - and will be starting as soon as I have finished my current read. Thanks for sending it Julie, and for the lovely postcard of one of my favourite places : )

Journal Entry 5 by Heaven-Ali from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Thursday, September 28, 2006

This is a sweet, moving little book. The author apparently wrote the story for his daughters, and then went on to publish the book. A seemingly simple tale that has a very profound message. I may try to get a couple of copies of this as stocking fillers for this Christmas.

I will be sending on ASAP

Journal Entry 6 by sadogs from Telford, Shropshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Received this book yesterday (or was it the day before!) eek times goes to quickly. Anyway I am sure I will read it quickly and get it on it's way.

Journal Entry 7 by sadogs from Telford, Shropshire United Kingdom on Thursday, October 19, 2006

A lovely read with a lovely sweet message to treasure our children. Life's too short and they grow up way to quickly. I have pm'd musicalpenguin for instructions and get it on it's way asap.