corner corner The Museum at Purgatory

The Museum at Purgatory
by Nick Bantock | Literature & Fiction
Registered by therubycanary of Portland, Maine USA on 9/3/2006

status (set by AnonymousFinder): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by therubycanary from Portland, Maine USA on Sunday, September 03, 2006

This doesn't look quite as elaborate as Bantock's other works, but still very interesting.

Bookray:
clw204 (UK)
Paganfrog (Scotland)
zzz (Serbia)
Marco167 (switzerland)

Journal Entry 2 by therubycanary from Portland, Maine USA on Friday, November 17, 2006

Working in archaeology, I really enjoyed this book. It is set up like a museum full of artifacts from all these strange characters. The art is great, and the story really fun.

Journal Entry 3 by caligula03 from Hayward, California USA on Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Book is here. :)

Journal Entry 4 by caligula03 from Hayward, California USA on Sunday, December 31, 2006

The book was okay. The artwork is the best part of the book but I found myself putting the book aside after only a few pages rather than being able to read it all the way through in one sitting like the Griffin and Sabine books.

Journal Entry 5 by caligula03 at on Sunday, December 31, 2006

Released 10 yrs ago (1/2/2007 UTC) at

Mailing to sistert.

Journal Entry 6 by sistert from Catonsville, Maryland USA on Thursday, January 11, 2007

Received in yesterday's mail. Finishing one book ahead of it so I should get it started this weekend.

Journal Entry 7 by sistert from Catonsville, Maryland USA on Thursday, February 08, 2007

Thoroughly enjoyed this book, but then it is by Nick Bantock. This is one that I will be purchasing to add to my personal collection. Thanks!

Contacting Jessibud now.

Journal Entry 8 by sistert at Bookring in Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Monday, May 07, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (5/4/2007 UTC) at Bookring in Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Painfully gave up to the post office so that Jessibud could get a chance to read it. ;-)

Journal Entry 9 by jessibud from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Arrived today!

I currently have 2 bookring books on my bedside table (isn't that always the way? When it rains, it pours!) but I may dip into this one over the weekend. I will try, in any case, not to hold it too long.

Journal Entry 10 by jessibud from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Sunday, June 24, 2007

Sorry for being so slow. My day time is filled with the frenzy of end-of-school stuff and my down time is trying to stay awake! One more week of school left!

I have finished this book but azuki is on vacation so I will hold off mailing until she PMs me that she is home, as she has requested. Should be end of June/beginning of July, not too much longer.

Thanks for including me in this bookring. It was typical Bantock: quirky, unusual, totally creative and visually beautiful!

Journal Entry 11 by jessibud from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Thursday, July 05, 2007

Book mailed off to azuki yesterday. Thanks again for including me in this ring.

Journal Entry 12 by wingazukiwing from Miami, Florida USA on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The nicely packed book arrived safely, thanks Jessibud. And wow, it is one expensive book to ship isn't it... thank you so much for sending it. Looks really interesting. (And Jessibud - two bookrings is not a pour...)

Journal Entry 13 by wingazukiwing from Miami, Florida USA on Friday, August 03, 2007

Quite extraordinary, original and brilliant. This is my first of his book. Can someone tell me if those artifacts are real or not? I can tell he altered some of the stamps but don''t know about the rest. Very intersting indeed.

Will send it on to clw204.

Journal Entry 14 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Friday, August 24, 2007

Arrived today, looks better than expected.