corner corner There's a Good Girl: Gender Stereotyping in the First Three Years - A Diary

There's a Good Girl: Gender Stereotyping in the First Three Years - A Diary
by Marianne Grabrucker | Parenting & Families
Registered by LyzzyBee of Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on 9/2/2006

status (set by gingergeoff): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by LyzzyBee from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Saturday, September 02, 2006

Duplicate copy of one of my favourite books ever, bought in the Flying Pig 2nd hand bookshop in Kings Heath, for ringing and lending purposes via BookCrossing.

Marianne is determined to bring up her daughter in a non gender stereotyped way. This is the diary of her first three years, honest, thoughtful and passionate, as she fights helplessly against the social factors that make her little girl very much a little girl. Fascinating.

Journal Entry 2 by LyzzyBee at Giving to another BookCrosser in Controlled Release, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, September 16, 2006

Released 11 yrs ago (9/16/2006 UTC) at Giving to another BookCrosser in Controlled Release, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases

I think Charlie-Ferrett might be interested in borrowing this...

I do need it back at some stage

Journal Entry 3 by LyzzyBee from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Saturday, February 07, 2009

Received back in the post from Charlie - hope she found it useful! Now available to borrow.

Journal Entry 4 by LyzzyBee at Unconvention (The Melting Pot various) in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, June 29, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (7/2/2009 UTC) at Unconvention (The Melting Pot various) in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Taking to the Unconvention to go into someone's goody bag!

Journal Entry 5 by bcukuncon on Tuesday, June 30, 2009

This book is off to the Edinburgh Uncon as a surprise for someone's goody bag.

Journal Entry 6 by gingergeoff from Swindon, Wiltshire United Kingdom on Monday, July 06, 2009

This was certainly a surprise in my goodie bag... I think I'll pass it to my wife to digest as I seem to have quite a few books to get through now!

Journal Entry 7 by gingergeoff at Swindon, Wiltshire United Kingdom on Monday, February 24, 2014

An interesting read - something both my wife and I have dipped into over the past few years. Although some of the ideas are a bit dated, the general conclusion of the book seems sound!

Journal Entry 8 by gingergeoff at Phone Box in Shrivenham, Wiltshire United Kingdom on Friday, February 16, 2018

Released 6 mos ago (2/16/2018 UTC) at Phone Box in Shrivenham, Wiltshire United Kingdom

Released in the phone box library in Watchfield