corner corner Rescuing Rose

Rescuing Rose
by Isabel Wolff | Literature & Fiction
Registered by Mariabokmal of Malmö, Skåne Sweden on 8/27/2006

status (set by norafrvr): available

Journal Entry 1 by Mariabokmal from Malmö, Skåne Sweden on Sunday, August 27, 2006

Backside text:
Rose Costello LOVES problems... other people's that is. As an agony aunt, she adores advisning her readers on everything from dizziness to divorce. But Rose is less wise when it comes to her own life...
Her new marriage is in tatters, she's had to move house and the bills are piling up. Her scatty best friends, twins Bella and Bea, make the unusually sensible suggestion that she lets her spare room, and Theo, a quiet accountant with a secret passion , seems to be the perfect lodger.
But just as things are looking up, Rose's universe is thrown inte chaos. Her husband reappears, her editor demands 'more sex!' and, worse, she thinks she's being stalked. And one person alone seems to grasp what really matters to Rose beneath her prickly exterior. Good as she is at sishing out advice, though, will she be able to take it?

Journal Entry 2 by Mariabokmal at To a fellow BookCrosser in By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Released 11 yrs ago (10/9/2006 UTC) at To a fellow BookCrosser in By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Book sent as a part of the celebration of my first 100 reglstered books!

Journal Entry 3 by kobie03 from Lewins Cove, Newfoundland and Labrador Canada on Thursday, October 19, 2006

just got it from the mail, a RABCK to celebrate 100 books released from mariabokmal, will read & release it.

Journal Entry 4 by kobie03 from Lewins Cove, Newfoundland and Labrador Canada on Friday, February 16, 2007

Mailed to Greece yesterday as a RABCK

Journal Entry 5 by pepita-di-Corfu from Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki Greece on Thursday, April 12, 2007

a bit of a long journey for the book but today, after a two months travel it arrived safely in Greece! Thank you so very much kobie03 for sending it! You're a treasure!

Journal Entry 6 by pepita-di-Corfu from Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki Greece on Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I know i've kept this book for too long but i started reading it last week and i just finished it. It was a relaxing read, the usual chick-lit one. Not bad but neither great. Good to get away with. I'll try to find a safe new home for the book pretty soon.

Journal Entry 7 by pepita-di-Corfu at international BCing in by post, to another bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, March 06, 2008

Released 9 yrs ago (3/7/2008 UTC) at international BCing in by post, to another bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

this postal release serves a triple purpose. First of all lady-anglophile made a post in the forums asking if anyone knew anything about chick lit books. Now this was my excuse to send her this book and in the mean time serve my intentions. This release helps me in my personal lifelong challenge to send at least one book to every country of the world. So now Kuwait turns to red in my profile's map. And last but not least, the book is also taking part in charbono's Around the World Challenge 2008 which is to make the whole world a library by sending all of us books to all the countries of the world.
I hope you'll enjoy reading lady-anglophile!

Journal Entry 8 by norafrvr from Kuwait, Kuwait Kuwait on Thursday, May 08, 2008

Hey pepita-di-Corfu, Your book arrived safe and sound.. Thank you so much :)