corner corner The Tale of Despereaux

The Tale of Despereaux
by Kate DiCamillo | Children's Books
Registered by wingghirwing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 8/20/2006

status (set by hyphen8): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingghirwing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, August 20, 2006

This is the story of a mouse who falls in love with a princess, a rat set on revenge, and a king who outlaws soup out of love.

"Might just as well be happy, seeing as it doesn't make a difference to anyone but you if you are or not."

To TOC lunch, 10/7/06.

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, October 07, 2006

Received at our TOC lunch today. Looking forward to this, thanks!

Oh, I really like Despereaux! He's my hero because he helps make it possible for everyone to have soup again! ;)

See the Unshelved Book Club report here

2004 Newbery Medal winner

Here's another copy on my BookCrossing shelf.

Journal Entry 3 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, March 31, 2007

Release by mail.

---

Update: this came back to me. I still love soup, especially during the rainy season, so Despereaux is still my hero!

Took him to our TOC lunch and he found a new home. Have fun!

Journal Entry 4 by skeeterbess from Waianae, Hawaii USA on Monday, January 28, 2008

From the lovely ladies of TOC! Adding to Mount TBR. Mahalo!

Journal Entry 5 by skeeterbess from Waianae, Hawaii USA on Saturday, May 03, 2008

And now he's my hero, too! A delightfully fun mousy tale.

Will pass around to new readers at TOC.

Journal Entry 6 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, October 16, 2016

skeeterbess is another member of TOC who has left us: first to Texas, and then to the big library in the sky. We miss you too, skeet.

This is not an ordinary book: it's a BookCrossing book! BookCrossing books are world travelers - they like to have adventures and make new friends...and every once in a while they even write home to say what they've been doing.

☻ ☻ ☻

This book was found in the library of Purple58, a very special woman whom I was fortunate enough to meet through our BookCrossing group, the Table of Contents.

Fiercely independent, with a loving heart and a wicked sense of humor, she was passionate about the things she believed in and was willing to stand up and be counted when necessary. She was truly a one of a kind individual, and she will be missed by all of her many friends...who prefer to believe that she's off in Vegas, having a fabulous time and eating as many desserts as she wants.

Journal Entry 7 by winghyphen8wing at Kewalo Basin Net Shed in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, October 16, 2016

Released 11 mos ago (10/30/2016 UTC) at Kewalo Basin Net Shed in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

To be released Saturday, October 29, at the Happy Holly-Day party.

This book is released in memory of BookCrosser purple58, who wanted all of her books to find good homes after she was gone. Please feel free to read it, keep it, pass it on...whatever you wish. If you have something to say about the book, or a memory to share about Holly, please feel free to post it here: she was never shy about sharing her opinions, so she wouldn't expect any less.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm so glad you've found this book!

Please take a moment to make a journal entry and let the book's previous readers know that it's safe with you.

If you've ever wondered where your books go after they leave your hands, join BookCrossing and you may find out: you'll be able to follow the further adventures of your books as new readers make journal entries - sometimes from surprisingly far-flung locations.

(Think of it like Where's George for books: a little like geocaching or a treasure hunt - you can follow a registered book's journey every time someone makes a new entry. Some BookCrossers even leave books *in* geocaches!)

BookCrossing: making the whole world a library!