corner corner Birds of a Feather

by Jacqueline Winspear | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by LeighBCD on 8/19/2006

status (set by LeighBCD): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by LeighBCD on Saturday, August 19, 2006

I bought this in NYC - I was totally desperate to get my hands on the next Maisie Dobbs novel!

I prefer the US covers to the English ones - the English ones have the author's name in big letters, rather than the title.

Journal Entry 2 by LeighBCD on Sunday, November 11, 2007

This was good although I did not find it to be as moving as the first book in the series. However, what Winspear is good at doing is creating an elegiac world of post World War I England. All the characters are still sugar coated but the author manages not to flinch from the essentials of her story and the devastation wreaked on society by the aftermath of the Great War. I found myself thinking about the message of this book long after the nuances of the plot faded from my memory.

I will release this book into the wild - I hope whoever finds the book enjoys it and becomes as addicted to Bookcrossing as me!! Welcome!

Journal Entry 3 by LeighBCD at Nightingale Lane in Clapham, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, November 22, 2007

Released 9 yrs ago (11/22/2007 UTC) at Nightingale Lane in Clapham, Greater London United Kingdom

I hope whoever finds this book you enjoy it - welcome to Bookcrossing!