corner corner Vanishing Acts

Vanishing Acts
by Jodi Picoult | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by bigcurlyloz of Hilton, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 15, 2006

status (set by Shahrun): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by bigcurlyloz from Hilton, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 15, 2006

"Why would a man who loved his wife – so much that in the quarter century since her death, he hasn't found someone to take her place – why wouldn't he have a record of the life he'd had with her, of the baby they'd made?

Delia Hopkins has led a charmed life. Raised in rural New Hampshire by her widowed father Andrew, she now has a young daughter, a handsome fiancé, and her own Search and Rescue bloodhound, which she uses to find missing persons.

But as Delia plans her wedding, she is plagued by flashbacks of a life she can't recall. And then a policeman knocks at her door, and her world fractures into something unrecognisable" - back cover

Journal Entry 2 by wingInverwing from Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, August 31, 2006

Another book that was on my wish list and sent to me as a birthday surprise from my Birthday Buddy Bigcurlyloz. Thank you very much. Adding to the huge 'TBR' pile.

Journal Entry 3 by wingInverwing at Aberdeen, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, April 29, 2012

I usually like Jodi Picoult, but I have to say I struggled with this one and I only got half way. It wasn't holding my interest and I wasn't overly keen on the characters this time, and also too many storylines in between the main plot. Didn't enjoy the prison/jail scenes either. I don't like reading/watching thing with this in it.

I have other Picoult books on my shelf though that I'm sure I will enjoy.

Journal Entry 4 by wingInverwing at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Released 1 yr ago (5/16/2012 UTC) at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Sending on to Shahrun as a RABCK, book from her wishlist.

Journal Entry 5 by Shahrun at Elephant & Castle, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, May 18, 2012

Got this RABCK today from the very kind Inver! Thank you so much! If I ever have any book(s) you want, please let me know & I will send them. I will read and release it as soon as I can.