corner corner My Favourite Goodbye

My Favourite Goodbye
by Sheila O'Flanagan | Women's Fiction
Registered by michelle1977 of Haren, Groningen Netherlands on 8/12/2006

status (set by valentina1209): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by michelle1977 from Haren, Groningen Netherlands on Saturday, August 12, 2006

Synopsis:

"Aisling O'Halloran is happy with her futon, her flat, her cat and her job as a party caterer. She doesn't do impulsive. She is absolutely, perfectly in control of her single woman's life. And if she can't have relationships without complications - then she's content to carry on as she is. Ms Self-Contained. But when she's employed to cook the supper over which Dan Morland plans to propose to his girlfriend, suddenly she becomes party to someone else's relationship - in all its tangled, heart-breaking complexity. And, as she watches Dan struggling to sort out the mess his emotions have got him into, Aisling starts to realise she's not Ms Invulnerable after all..."

This book has been in my personal collection for quite a while and I loved it as I did all other Sheila O'Flanagan books! I have decided however, to let go of more books, so I am starting a bookring for this one. Want to join? Please PM me your shipping preferences and I'll add you to the list.

Journal Entry 2 by michelle1977 from Haren, Groningen Netherlands on Monday, August 14, 2006

Bookring sending order so far:

Virgulina (Portugal, Int'l okay)
BOKWORMY (Portugal, Int'l okay)
bookwormess (Finland, Europe pref)
eloisamos (Brazil, Americas okay)
jenn7747 (US & Can only)
Caridad (US, US only)
Minkymoo76 (UK, Int'l okay)

Journal Entry 3 by michelle1977 at -- controlled release in -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Friday, August 25, 2006

Released 10 yrs ago (8/25/2006 UTC) at -- controlled release in -- Controlled Release, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Sending to Virgulina in Portugal by mail. Hope you get it soon!

Journal Entry 4 by BOKWORMY on Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Thanks Virgulina for posting it over and thanks to michelle1977 for sharing yet another bookring with me!

Journal Entry 5 by BOKWORMY on Thursday, January 11, 2007

I want to apologize for taking so long reading this book but I promise to read it in the next couple of weeks.

Journal Entry 6 by BOKWORMY on Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A nice cosy read, although the plot was a bit predictable I enjoyed it!

Thanks again for sharing *-)

X

24/01 - PMed bookwormess for postal address !

Journal Entry 7 by BOKWORMY at on Thursday, January 25, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (1/25/2007 UTC) at

On the way to bookwormess in Finland!

Enjoy X

Journal Entry 8 by bookwormess from Kotka, Kymenlaakso / Kymmenedalen Finland on Monday, January 29, 2007

Thank you Bokwormy, the book arrived today. Actually, it didn't need to hurry as it did. :) Today I was really puzzled that I had an express letter waiting for me at post office. I really wondered what it could be, even dreamed of winning some tickets to a trip or something nice that happened soon, but there was this book. *sigh* No extra trip to far away with departure tomorrow... As there is word 'express' in the envelope they certainly handled it that way.. :D

I, however, am not an express reader (hahahaa...) as I have one book ahead of it. Anyway, I try to be as quick as possible. Seems interesting, once again. I'm reading one O'Flanagan at the moment and I do like them.

EDIT ON 21.2.2007:
I just started to read this one. Shouldn't take forever as my grad paper is finally done. :)

Journal Entry 9 by bookwormess from Kotka, Kymenlaakso / Kymmenedalen Finland on Sunday, March 04, 2007

For some reason this book just doesn't do it for me. I found myself starting other books instead of continuing reading this, so I decided to let it go. I've had it long enough.

I already got Eloisamos' address and will mail it over to Brazil next week. It'll take around 12-17 working days to travel as I'm using economy mail.

Journal Entry 10 by eloisamos from São Paulo, São Paulo Brazil on Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Arrived, thank you!
I´m finishing a book and will start it next.
Thank you bookwormess for the card and candys!!!

Journal Entry 11 by eloisamos from São Paulo, São Paulo Brazil on Monday, April 09, 2007

I liked it!
Especially the way that the two would discover that they were in love...
Thank you!

PS: Sending for jenn7747´s address.

Journal Entry 12 by eloisamos from São Paulo, São Paulo Brazil on Wednesday, April 11, 2007

It is going to jenn7747 .

Journal Entry 13 by GNI-676556 on Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Rec'd in the campus mail this morning. Will start reading ASAP.

Journal Entry 14 by GNI-676556 on Friday, May 11, 2007

Have PM'd Caridad for an address to send it off again :)

Journal Entry 15 by GNI-676556 at Bookring in Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, May 12, 2007

Released 10 yrs ago (5/12/2007 UTC) at Bookring in Bookring, A Bookring -- Controlled Releases

Sending it off to Caridad - enjoy!

Journal Entry 16 by Caridad from Miami, Florida USA on Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Hmmm...another book for MTTBR! Thanks, Jenn7747!

Journal Entry 17 by Caridad from Miami, Florida USA on Saturday, June 02, 2007

***WARNING***This book is close to 600 pages, has 37 chapters, and each chapter starts with a food recipe. If you are under great stress & have over eating issues; it could be a hazardous combination. Unfortunately, I consumed mass quantities of food stuffs (potoato chips, cashew nuts, an assortment of flavors from Ben & Jerry's ice cream, etc.) while reading this and am so morbidly obese now that I may not be able to move, much less read again.

With all of the bad news in my life lately, this book was a great escape. I have never read anything by this author before. Predictable but fun! Protagonist is a cook. A very bad move by me opening it up. Since caregiving my dad at the moment, I read this while bandaging his cast and leg to a post, got yelled at for reading in the dark (he's practically BLIND), and had so many other positve moments with my father while reading this (watching him snore through physical therapy -"Dammit! Why didn't you wake me up?") that I will probably not forget this one too soon (especially the eating).

Unfortunately, kellyhp isn't interested in it, so at some point I will get it out to Minkymoo in the UK. I have never sent a book out of the country except for Canada, so another new experience at the post office at a latter date.

Journal Entry 18 by Caridad from Miami, Florida USA on Monday, June 11, 2007

Sent to Minkymoo today.
FYI: I could have bought a new book for the price of postage from the US to UK.

Journal Entry 19 by Minkymoo76 from Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Saturday, June 16, 2007

Wow, How fast did it get here !!!!!
Just got to finish the one I'm reading then I'll get onto it, looks like it may be here a while , it's huge !!

Journal Entry 20 by michelle1977 from Haren, Groningen Netherlands on Sunday, June 17, 2007

Hi! This bookring has now arrived at the last person on the list. Thanks for joining everybody! I'm glad to hear most of you enjoyed the book.

And Minkymoo, hope you like it too. Feel free to pass it on again or wild release it when you are done.

Journal Entry 21 by Minkymoo76 from Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom on Monday, July 16, 2007

Wow, I do really like Shelia O Flanagan books , I thought I'd worked out where it was going to end but got it wrong, really enjoyed it. Going off to HallieK who contacted me about it ! Hope you enjoy it ! Thanks for sharing this book Michelle1977

Journal Entry 22 by HallieK from Austin, Texas USA on Saturday, July 21, 2007

Got this in the mail today. I'm quite excited to read it. Thanks so much for sharing this one Minkymoo76!

Journal Entry 23 by HallieK from Austin, Texas USA on Wednesday, August 01, 2007

I thoroughly enjoyed this one. It''s my second O''Flanagan book and she''s quickly becoming a favorite of mine. This one seemed a big choppy in a couple places, but overall it''s a great story and it''s written very well. The character development is always wonderful in O''Flanagan''s books. Thanks very much for sharing this one with me. I''ll be finding it another happy reader soon!

Journal Entry 24 by HallieK from Austin, Texas USA on Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Sending to valentina1209 as part of a trade for another book by the same author.

Journal Entry 25 by valentina1209 from Bethpage, New York USA on Wednesday, October 31, 2007

the book arrived in NY today. Thanks for the trade

Journal Entry 26 by valentina1209 at Farmingdale Library lobby -free book exchange rack in Farmingdale, New York USA on Saturday, March 06, 2010

Released 7 yrs ago (3/6/2010 UTC) at Farmingdale Library lobby -free book exchange rack in Farmingdale, New York USA

Excellent book! I'm sorry it lingered on my shelf for so long (I think I was daunted by it's thickness) and I'm so glad I finally sat down to read it. I hope that whoever finds it enjoys it as much as I did.