corner corner Skipping Towards Gomorrah: The Seven Deadly Sins and the Pursuit of Happiness in America

Journal Entry 1 by Curlita from Seattle, Washington USA on Tuesday, December 31, 2002

I ordered this after I heard Dan Savage being interviewed about the book on NPR. After Robert Bork claimed that our nation was "slouching towards Gomorrah," Savage decided to try out an activity representing each of the seven deadly sins, in an effort to understand the sinners. He made the point that while Christians frequently attempt to convert sinners into Christians, sinners rarely try to convert Christians into sinners. Food for thought.

This is an advance uncorrected proof, which is a little weird because it means there are lots of typos in it! Being anal-retentive, I started correcting these as I went along. It was fun at first, but got a little tedious. I was going to send this to a friend, but there were too many typos to give it as a gift AND there were two missing pages. Still a great and, hey, what's a missing page or two in a free book???

Journal Entry 2 by Curlita at Teahouse Kuan Yin, 1911 N 45th Street, Wallingford in Seattle, Washington USA on Thursday, January 09, 2003

Released on Thursday, January 09, 2003 at Teahouse Kuan Yin, 1911 N 45th Street, Wallingford in Seattle, Washington USA.

Will release tonight, not sure where. I don't know if the Teahouse is a Dan Savage kinda place, but... that's where I'll leave it. Happy hunting!

Journal Entry 3 by beatlebate from Grand Rapids, Michigan USA on Monday, January 13, 2003

I'm from Seattle and I've been familiar with Dan Savages work with The Stranger and the talk show he used to have a while back.
I found this book in a tea shop on 45th in Seattle and just flew back to Michigan where I am going to school.
I've heard some hype about Skipping Towards Gamorrah and decided to grab it! I'll release it in a while due to being a slow reader.